Chapter 1

I'm pretty sure the guy two tables away thinks I'm either crazy or high. Or both. I only say that because he's giving me weird looks, maybe it's just because my leg is shaking this table and making a lot of noise but I just want him to stop staring. It's freaking me out.

        But besides the point. I really should've gone to my session. But I just couldn't. I know I should've been there, I know I told her I would come, but as always there is that little voice in my brain screaming doubts and my body just follows.

        I wanted to be in my safe place, surrounded by the smell of old books and the quiet chatter of the centerpoint library. The floor to ceiling bookshelves, warm wood and white interior, makes me feel warm and happy inside. Utterly the opposite of stressed. On most days my brain normally quiets down to the sound of the typing of computers and whizzing of the air condition, but apparently today is not one of those days.

        Well at least that guy left so I don't have to worry about him anymore. I'll just try and focus on my book.

        I swear though, I'm in here so much and have read almost every book. I bet my life savings I have seen every person in town come in, I always feel a need to sit near the door anyway to see who comes in and out. Living in a small town has its perks that way, being able to see people naturally, but not feel obligated to communicate with them.

        But I look up from my book when I hear the bell of the front doors signalling someone coming in.
Well there goes my life savings.

        Okay huh? I seriously haven't seen this person before. But his bushy brown hair and freshly tanned skin from the late summer day has me intrigued.
Oh shit. Have I looked at him for too long? Okay I'll just go back to reading. Well thinking but it'll look like I am reading.

        I'm overly anxious at the moment, and not knowing someone who came in is making it worse, but when am I not. I definitely should have gone. My mom is going to be upset and Oliver is going to be worried. It's fine. Right? I'm not sure.

        I take my apple out of my bag and bite into it as I look back down at my book, deep in thought, until I see a tall shadow standing over me.

        "Hey are you okay?"

        His deep voice startles me and makes my skin feel fuzzy. I, quite ungracefully, almost choke on my apple as I look up at him. His hazel eyes look so inviting, but I can see the stone walls that held him back. And, are those freckles? they're small, only there if you look really close, but most definitely caused by the sun. My eyes run down his chiseled jawline to his muscular hands on the table in front of me. Because well, how could I not. As I look back up I see his hair looks half dry, slightly and full of salt water.

        I feel like I should stop over analyzing people so much.

        Oh god, wait he asked me a question I should probably answer like I haven't been trying to figure him out.

      "Uhhhh...yeah, why" I say in a tone that covers up the fact that I might throw up over how nervous I am right now.

      "No reason, but I could basically feel the anxiety radiating off of you." The tall stranger says.

     "Well coming from a stranger that doesn't really mean alot to me. I haven't seen you around, who are you?" I say in the least condescending tone possible.

     "If I didn't consider the fact that we've gone to school together for 10 years I wouldn't be offended. But because I have...actually you know I was just attempting to be nice but seeing in which you have been too wrapped up in yourself to see me sitting behind you in class for years Margret, I won't be offended. I will just simply walk away." He says ending his frustrated phrase non shelauntly as he turns to leave.