Chapter 5

Hi all, once again i'm soo sorry it's been so long. Life is crazy and school is ending so i'll be able to write more soon 🥰 but I hope you enjoy this long awaited chapter. And don't worry we're have big things planned 😁

"Hello Ladies.." Is what I hear as I step out of the bathroom in Jes's diner.

I wiped my wet hands on my cotton tank top and cotton shorts to dry them and looked up to see Gilbert and Wyatt slid into our booth pushing Hadley and Iris to the wall of our booth next to the window.

I walk over and stand in front of Gilbert who slid into my seat next to Hadley. He looks up and slides to the right and shoots me a large grin. He pats the seat next to him signaling he wants me to sit there, I slide in and Hadley and I squish him in between us.

"What are you two doing here?" I ask with a laugh.

"Getting breakfast, I mean why else would you go to a diner at 9 am" Wyatt chirps back.

"I think she means sitting with us, not that we don't mind the company but like, why" Hadley gestures her confusion

"Well we were coming back from the beach and wanted to get food and luckily we saw you lovely ladies through the window and noticed Margos car and well here we are." Gilbert explains

"Wait where's Dylan don't you all come in a pack?" Iris finally speaks up

"Hello everyone, I was just parking the car" Dylan says as he pulls up a chair at the head of the table, "lovely to see you all on this fine morning". He smiles to the group but his eyes lingers on mine before he grabs a menu from the middle of the table.

The others started chatting and I stayed looking at him. His skin was lightly tanned and his hair had lightened since the time in the library. You could tell his hair was slightly wet and a bit salty. He bites the inside of his lip as he studies the menu and looks up as the waitress comes over.

I snap my head up and act like I have been engaging in the conversation but out of the corner of my eye I can see him crack a light smile.

"What can I get you all today?" The nice woman asks us.

Hadley perks up immediately and answers for iris and I "I'll have an Orange Juice" she points to me "She'll have a pineapple juice and the one with the crystals will have an iced coffee with cream."

Iris looks up from the crystals she had just put on the table and the boys look at Hadley dumbfounded.

I mean we know everything about each other, she'll probably order for us too.

Iris and I prefer it that way, ya know, social interaction is what Hadley does best honestly.

The waitress turns to Gilbert, he and Dylan order black coffees. That makes a lot of sense. And Wyatt gets a decaf coffee with cream.

Ha yeah he seriously doesn't need any more caffeine, he's like a pre caffeinated human being.

The woman who took our order gives us a weird look and then disappears back to the counter.

"Finally more people who drink coffee, these two are weirdos" Iris refers towards Hadley and I.

"It just tastes weird okayyyy, also it makes me jittery. I don't know how you guys drink it." I say in defense

"How do you think we keep up our chipper demeanors?" Wyatt jokes then turns his attention to the short brunette next to him.

The woman quickly returns with our drinks and the boys order first. Starting off with Wyatt who orders his M&M mickey mouse pancakes with bacon begins the waitresses further annoyance with us.