Chapter 2: Never Left Behind

Here's chapter 2 guys! I had so much fun writing this!

The trouble they have finding Dark Pit is based off my own experience with the game. He can be difficult to find if you're not paying attention. xD

I hope you all enjoy! Hopefully, the next part will be up soon!

<>START<>

Pit glared at his surroundings as he shivered. He really hated Dracula's Castle, especially the catacombs; they were as dark, dreary, damp, and cold as a miserable day, and it was certainly contributing to his mood. The only relief was that almost all of those exasperating, evil ghosts had been destroyed. Pit had accidently touched one and had been sent back to the opening of the castle a while ago; he had particularly enjoyed taking that spirit out with the cannon by himself.

Pit blinked back tears. He hadn't felt his brother since he had been on the small platform, which felt like years ago at this point. They had gone through almost the entirety of Dracula's Castle, multiple times in Pit's case, and still no sign of Dark Pit. Pit had barely managed to stop himself from crying multiple times at this point. He just wanted to scream to let it out. The only thing Pit was sure of at this point, besides nearly being at an emotional breakdown, was the feeling that he was desperately missing something key.

'Glaring at inanimate objects and moping isn't going to help you find him,' Viridi chimed in.

"Neither will you randomly butting into my thoughts!" Pit angrily retorted. Silence was the response, and Pit sighed. "I'm sorry, Viridi. This is just starting to feel really hopeless. I felt him down this path. I know he's down this path. So why can't I find him?"

Viridi held back a sigh. 'If I had the answers Pit, you'd be the first to know. Why don't you go find some of the others? Maybe they'll have found something that you missed."

Pit kicked the ground, wishing it was Galeem and Dharkon's faces so he could make them pay for taking his brother from him. He pushed that thought away as quickly as possible; Lady Palutena would be disappointed if he allowed his more violent thoughts to overwhelm him. "I guess you're right."

Viridi huffed smugly. 'And don't you forget it, little angel.'

Pit walked towards the end of the catacombs, entering the relatively small area where they had saved Ridley. The possessed Ridley had put up quite a fight and Pit was sure that he would have bruises later. He climbed the ladders, making his way to the top and outside of the second building. He found a group consisting of Lucina, Daisy, Marth, Ridley, and Red.

Red turned towards him. "No luck finding Dark Pit?"

Sighing sadly, Pit shook his head. "Nope, and I feel like I've gone through this place a thousand times now."

Daisy smiled at him. "If it's any consolation, it hasn't actually been a thousand times."

Pit snorted. "Thanks Daisy." Pit looked around the group. "What'd I miss?"

"We split up and Ken, Ryu, Simon, Robin, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong went ahead," Lucina filled him in. "We have destroyed all of the evil ghosts, but we believe there may still be some fighters to rescue before we can leave."

Pit nodded. "Yeah, like Pittoo. He's still here." The group was silent, some looking between each other. Pit caught their looks of discomfort and worry. "What?"

It was silent for a few moments, the group members obviously playing a game of "not it". Finally, Red sighed, having lost. "We think you got it wrong, Pit. Dark Pit probably isn't here."

Pit stiffened, trying to hold in his anger. "You think I wasn't able to feel my own twin?"

"No, we are not saying that," Marth cut in, "but is it possible that maybe you got led in the opposite direction? As a distraction, perhaps?"