♡6

"I'm sorry, what?" Jenna gasped, on FaceTime. "You're going on a date today and this is the first I'm hearing about it?"

"Who said it was a date?" Violet asked. "I didn't say it was a date."

"It surely sounds like one!" Jenna argued.

"It's not a date!" Violet insisted. "We're just hanging out."

"Oh, sure!" Jenna rolled her eyes, not even pretending to believe her. "Well, tell me about him will you!"

"Well, I don't know that much yet. I only just met him!" Violet said, defensively. "This is weird, I feel like I'm hanging out with a total stranger."

"Um, yeah." Jenna said with just the right amount of sass. "That's kind of the entire concept of dating. How do you think people get married?"

Violet propped her phone up to where Jenna could still see her, but she could continue getting ready. She put her hands on her hips. "Well, if you're going to be that way then I'm not going to tell you anything."

Jenna's eyes widened, "No! Okay, I'm sorry! Please continue." She smiled at Violet sweetly.

Violet just chuckled, "Well, his name is Timothèe, and he works at Sweet Bean. That's where I met him."

"In a coffee shop!" Jenna beamed. "That's so cute! What a classic love story."

Violet ignored her.
"He uh, just moved here not long ago from New York. He's a photographer."

"Cute!" Jenna continued, "What does he look like."

"He's tall." Violet started, and Jenna gave her a thumbs up of approval. "He has brown hair, kind of curly. And really nice green eyes."

Jenna raised an eyebrow with a smirk, "Oh, really nice green eyes?"

Violet threw a pillow at her phone, "I hate you."

Jenna was shaking in her fit of laughter. "What are you wearing?"

With the help of Jenna's commentary, Violet decided on her favorite pair of skinny jeans, a white slightly cropped tank top, and her brown jacket. She put on her golden necklace with a flower charm, that her mother had given her, and comfy woven socks to go under her combat boots.
With Jenna's encouragement, she winged out her eyeliner (only messing up about three times) and a subtle lipstick.

"You look so pretty." Jenna said, with sweet puppy eyes.

"Thanks." Violet tried not to blush. This wasn't a date, she kept telling herself.

But before long, Jenna was no longer on FaceTime and Violet was walking down the main steps of her apartment building and approaching the now familiar Nissan Rogue, and she once again had to remind herself that this absolutely wasn't a date.

"Hey, Violet!" Timothèe smiled when he saw her. The windows of the car were down, and he leaned over into the passenger side seat to get a better look at her.

"Hey." She smiled back.

He leaned back into his own seat and unlocked the passenger side door so that Violet could get in.

"I brought you a coffee." Timothèe grinned, motioning to the cup holders. There sat an iced strawberry mocha, just like the one he'd made for her when they met.

She blushed a little, "Thank you." She said shyly, "You didn't have to do that."

"Well, you didn't have to hang out with me today and help me with my project, so I figured it was the least I could do." He shot back.