7

"Dude why do you look like you haven't slept in a year?" Spencer mumbled, his unlit cigarette hanging out of the side of mouth while he patted his pants for a lighter

"Fuck off." I snapped, rolling my eyes in irritation as I pushed new bullets into the clip of my gun.

"Does this have to do with that tall chick? What was her name- Oh! Vicki. I liked her, she's funny." He continued, bringing his lighter up and lighting the tip of his cigarette, his cheeks hollowing out before a thick puff of smoke fell from his nose and mouth.

"Stop talking while you're ahead buddy, unless you want your hand cut off." Louis piped up from my right, he was smoking his own cigarette. Spencer was right though, I didn't sleep at all. I spent most of the night just laying with Victoria while she slept, she looked so peaceful and I wanted to make sure she was alright. This girl has me wrapped around her finger and doesn't even know it and it's making me angry. I mean fuck, I went out of my way to buy her a Christmas drink because I felt bad and I've never felt guilt for anyone in my entire fucking life. She's a weakness I don't need right now but can't get rid of at the same time.

I bought her another one today, it's in her fridge right now as we speak unless she already drank it. She still hasn't responded to my text either and it was making me slightly worried but I figured her phone was probably the last thing she's thinking about right now.

If anyone else had asked me to lay down with them because they were scared I would have laughed in there face and left but I was almost glad she asked me. I almost walked out but stopped myself when a wave of guilt washed over me. Her entire body was shaking and I don't think it stopped until she fell asleep. I've never taken care of anyone else besides myself before either so that was new- felt like shit when I hurt her but it was for her own good.

Fuck- when I saw her tied up in the chair all of the air from my lungs felt like it had been punched out of my chest. It's like I felt all her pain in my body when I wasn't even the one who was hurt. Her head was thrown back, telling me she had been knocked unconscious and that thought alone made me cringe. It was an odd feeling, caring about someone else's well being and I didn't like it, but it's like I couldn't help it, it just happened. I need to take step back from her before I fall further down this intoxicating hole of hers.

"Fuck. I was just wondering crab asses." Spencer said in defense. "Not my fault long locks here got no sleep." I huffed out in annoyance at his name calling and fired my gun between his two feet, the bullet hitting the hard concrete and bouncing up with a dinging noise. Spencer didn't even flinch, instead raised his middle finger into my face with an annoyed expression before walking off. "I'm taking a piss." He mumbled between his cigarette before turning a corner out of our view.

"I saw her this morning." Louis mumbled from my right. He was sitting on the ground, leaning against a tall metal wall of the warehouse I own. I looked down at him in wonder.