Chapter 38: Beacon of Hope Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

There was too much at stake for everyone involved, and she was sure that if only she could get Levi and Erwin to cooperate, the biggest problem could be solved.

And Nina was one of them. This whole mess revolved around her, so it would be her opinion and decision that ultimately decides everything, but if even half of what Erwin Mikasa told her was true, then she had hope.

"Tch. Why should I tell you anything anyway? I assume you already know that I broke up with Nina. The reasons or the exact circumstances are none of your fucking business. "

All right. Let Mortal Kombat Begin!

"Excuse YOU ?! It is my business! Nina is my friend! And if you have even a spark of honor in your body, then you will tell me here and now the reason why. I want to hear YOUR version of the story before I rip your ass in half. "

"Pardon? My version? That means you've already heard everything you need to know. Just from someone else. Was it Erwin? Or Nina? You know what? Fuck it! I don't want to know. Nothing I could tell you would change the situation, and I highly doubt that no matter what I tell you, I can't stop you from doing what you've set your mind to do. So quit the acting with Good Cop and Bad Cop and get straight to the point. The sooner you're done with your ranting, the sooner I can leave this shithole of a city and never look back. "

"Are you fucking serious ?! Are you seriously telling me you want to leave? Then you are even more a coward than I thought! "

"YES! I'M A COWARD! SO WHAT?! How would you like to look out the window every day and everything you see reminds you of the person you wanted to spend the rest of your life with just to face the reality that they left you for your best friend ?! Tell me! Would you like that ?! I bet you would even enjoy it! You like pain, don't you? "

"IT'S NOT ABOUT ME, LEVI! This is fucking about YOU and about pulling your fucking head out of your ass and finally think! Did you even think for a SINGLE moment? About what you do not only to yourself but also to Nina and Erwin? Has it ever crossed your mind to listen?"

"I don't give a damn. Why should I listen? And above all: to whom? Erwin? Nina? To you? Don't make me laugh. What could YOU explain to me about this situation? You don't even have the slightest idea what I'm going through! "

"Oh, I have enough ideas! For what do you think I would've invited you to my place that easily then? Just to take a shower? Don't you make me laugh. You should know me better and believe me: I know more than you know. More than you are ready to admit. "

"Oh, is that so? If so: Please! Mrs. Smart ass! If you think you're so much smarter than me Please, enlighten me. "

How much Mikasa despised the condescending, contemptuous tone in Levi's voice. The cousins were yelling at each other most of the time, and Mikasa was now glad that she lived in a house with no immediate neighbors and that Eren was out.

Levi was beyond angry. Not only that his own cousin interfered so shamelessly in his private life, but she also said she knew everything better.

If she wanted to insult him, Mikasa would have preferred to stick to jokes about small people.

Whatever was between him and Nina, it was over. No matter how much his heart ached at the thought of leaving, about leaving all to Erwin and leaving her behind, he had no other choice.

For his own good, he had to put as many kilometers as possible between himself and the new lovers.

"Oh, the Lord is stiff today. Well, you asked for it, but let me tell you one thing, you jerk: I won't let you go until you've heard EVERYTHING I have to say. The door is locked and the key is hidden, which means you're stuck here. Like it or not; you WILL listen to me. "