You laughed at her enthusiasm and did the same but with the Christmas lights, hanging them from the ceiling. 

''Hey Miss Christmas tree, you forgot something.''

Daisy stopped working and looked around the room, trying to find what she missed. When she came up empty, she looked at you. You just pointed at the top of the tree she had been decorating so enthusiastically before. 

''I forgot the tree-topper!'' she realized. It was a miracle she did, because she had stood in front of the toppers at the store for at least fifteen minutes, wanting to pick a perfect one. You had just let her choose whatever she wanted because it was her tree.

She carefully placed the star on top, making sure not to knock any of the glass balls out of the tree. ''There you go, all finished.''

Daisy walked over to you, wrapping an arm around you waist, and you both looked around the room, satisfied with what you saw. 

''Now it feels like Christmas,'' you muttered to her, a warm feeling filling your stomach. Christmas time always made you feel all warm and fluffy inside and you were extra thankful for the family you had here. 

''Time for more hot chocolate?'' you asked Daisy, turning your head to look at her. Her eyes were shining again, taking in the Christmas feeling. 

She smiled at you. ''Absolutely.''

She climbed on the counter, something Coulson shouldn't be seeing, swinging her feet back and forth. While you were busy making the drink, you could feel she wanted to say something but that something was holding her back. 

''What do you want to say, D?''

She looked taken aback by your question, but it did convince her to say what was on the tip of her tongue. ''I just wanted to thank you for doing this.''

You smiled up at her. ''Of course baby. You don't have to thank me. Everyone deserves Christmas and since it is your first, we had to go all out.'' You gestured around. ''I think we did exactly that.''

She jumped off the counter, walking after you to the comfortable leather couches in the middle of the room. You put the drinks on the coffee table and opened your arms for her to cuddle into. One of the many things you loved about her was that she could be really clingy and you knew exactly when she was in that mood.

Daisy rested her head on your chest and you wrapped your arms around her. You two had barricaded the doors to keep people from walking in and out and ruining your decorating mood, so it was only the two of you in the room. 

You listened to the sounds of people talking in the hallway and the heavy footsteps outside. Some were rushed, clearly on their way somewhere, while others were slower and more relaxed. The fact that nobody had bothered you in the last two hours was a miracle.

''We're still missing something,'' Daisy suddenly spoke up, her voice quiet.

''What is that?'' you asked her, looking around but not sure what it was.

''Presents.''

You smiled to yourself, knowing she couldn't see it. ''Maybe I can help with that.'' You moved to stand up and Daisy sat up, giving you space to do that. 

You walked over to your small backpack that was purely for trips to the mall and the supermarket. A couple days back, you had spotted something while you were picking up some supplies for the base and couldn't help yourself. Originally, you were going to wait until Christmas day, but the moment was perfect now.

A small, flat box, wrapped in Christmas paper and with a red ribbon wrapped around it, came out of the bag. You walked back to the couch, handing it to Daisy, who looked between you and the present in disbelief. 

''You got me a gift?''

You nodded, smiling at her. ''I saw this and it reminded me of you, so I had to get it.''

Daisy started unwrapping it, careful and patient. The jeweler's box appeared and she carefully lifted the lid. As soon as she saw it, you know you had been right to buy it. 

''O my god, Y/N, this is beautiful.'' Carefully, she picked up the delicate necklace and turned it around in her hands, studying it thoroughly. A tiny daisy lay in her hand. It was crafted so delicately and detailed it looked exactly like a miniature version of the real flower.

''A daisy for my Daisy, so that nobody forgets your name anymore.'' It had been a couple months since Skye became Daisy, but some people still had trouble remembering that. Especially Coulson, who had been having the most trouble remembering it. 

Daisy threw her arms around you in a hug. ''Thank you so much,'' she whispered in your ear. 

''You're welcome,'' you whispered back, knowing it meant more to her than you could ever know. 

She handed you the necklace and turned around so you could secure it around her neck. Her hand reached up to touch it as soon as it touched her skin. ''And?'' she asked as she turned back.

''Beautiful,'' you smiled, not sure if you meant the necklace or her. 

''I love you.'' Her voice was soft and quiet, full of emotion.

''I love you too,'' you answered with the same confidence.

''You know, we still have a lot of decorations left. What do you say we sneak onto the Zephyr?''

You laughed at the mischief in her eyes. This was the Daisy you loved, always in for a prank. 

You mirrored her, smirking knowingly. ''If you grab the garlands and ornaments, I will grab the lights.''

''Let's go.''