Chapter 137 [Ways to Mock Others in Old Times]

Start from the beginning

She might have lost her love, but not her career.

Therefore, she recalled every incident involving the Crown Prince, and had written a wonderful story, in just three days.

"This – is really good, especially the scene, when the prince fled. Sister, as soon as you finish this novel, I will ask my men to distribute it around."

Looking at Xiaoyu, Lin Mengya realized that his power was beyond her imagination.

"It's not good enough to be published as a book. You need to send people to tea houses, restaurants and other entertainment places to narrate the story."

Lin Mengya sought the best way to spread stories, during the old days. At that time, movable-type printing was just emerging.

Books were limited, and many people were illiterate.

Therefore, the role of a Storyteller was equivalent to the Weibo public accounts, in modern times.

By then, the story would be spread in the capital by countless storytellers, and soon everyone in Dajin would know what the Crown Prince was really like

"It's all right. Just leave it to me."

Lin Ziyu folded Lin Mengya's manuscript, kept it securely, and there was a wily smile on his face.

"Xiaoyu, you are really not going with them?"

Only a few months had passed, but the young boy she had met by chance in the street, had become like a stranger to her.

"What was the secret behind Xiaoyu?"

"I only want to be with you, sister. I don't care about anything else."

Xiaoyu gave a short answer. For him, his sister meant everything to him.

"Well, I respect your choice. I've been confined to my room for three days. It's time to go for a walk."

Her mood lightened, even though she felt that she and Long Tianyu, as an item, was definitely over.

She faked a smile, not letting others see her sadness.

"Master, are you all right?"

Lin Mengya was finally willing to leave her room. The four ladies waited at the door.

They all gathered around and looked at her, worriedly.

Lin Mengya had hidden herself in the room, just to write a story. She did not expect that the ladies would be so worried about her.

It was a good feeling, knowing that someone cared about you.

"Master, this was sent by the prince two days ago. How are you going to deal with it?"

Baiji took out a delicate casket. Lin Mengya found it looked very familiar.

She took it and opened it. Inside, there was a dried, pink flower.

"This was –"

This was the medicinal herb sent by Princess Ming Yue, the other day.

It was also one of the herbs that Lin Mengya was looking for. She had taken a second look at it, that day.

"Did he even notice it?"

"So what was she angry about?"

Holding the box tightly in her arms, Lin Mengya ran out of Liuxin Courtyard.

She had to find Long Tianyu. Her heart felt bitter sweet. If his eyes never looked away from hers, was there still a hope?

"His Royal Highness. Where is His Royal Highness?"