Aurora's Anger Issues

After that lesson her friends had come to her in concern, asking who that man was and if he had hurt her. Ron, Harry and Remus were the only ones who knew it was her father because he resembled that of his handsome, younger self rather then the deranged and unrecognisable man cackling on the front cover of the Daily Prophet.

Aurora hadn't questioned his appearance but more his reason for materialising as her worst fear in the first place. She supposed that his deceit was what frightened her because Sirius himself looked entirely normal, the last man you would expect to do anything cruel or evil, and that's how everyone had viewed him. His friends were washed up in his lies and he hid it all behind a perfect face, an innocent smile and a determined promise of protection. 

She was scared of the man that could look his wife in the eyes and tell her, without hesitating, that he was purely good. 

Fred and George were unaware to her inner turmoil. They didn't think there to be any hidden meaning or complexity behind her fear other then that he had killed people and now he could do it again. 

Hermione was slightly different. Aurora had explained to her, in hushed tones, the issues of her past that she couldn't really remember herself but knew existed. Her friend had listened with intelligent eyes, mind brimming with wonder at the inner workings of the mind and the fear that can manifest itself within a person. 

Lavender and Pavarti had received the short explanation and had taken it with solemn faces. 

"At least your father used to be good-looking," Lavender commented and Aurora laughed loudly as Pavarti gaped at her friend for her insensitiveness. She had relayed the conversation to Fred and George the next day and the two boys had exchanged a glance before gushing over how amazing it would be to date Sirius Black. They had earned the strangest glances as they held up The Daily Prophet with mock longing but Aurora had been crying with laughter and that's all that really mattered. 

Her Quidditch try out was soon after the Boggart incident. Oliver hadn't organised any open try outs because only one chaser space needed to be filled and he put his full trust in Aurora.

 Although,  Aurora  hated that he had put his full trust in her because it made her ten times more nervous; this was his last chance to win the Quidditch cup and she felt like the fate of that landed on her shoulders. 

"Don't worry Rora," George said that morning. "You'll only shatter Oliver's Quidditch dreams and leave him to wallow in self pity if you aren't good enough." Percy and Ginny glared at him for that comment and, after nervously laughing, Aurora decided that breakfast wasn't so appetising anymore.  

She showed up to practise in full Quidditch gear and stood rather nervously as Angelina and Katie helped adjust her shin guards. Oliver was the last of the team to arrive and he came stumbling onto the pitch with tousled hair and cheeks flushed red from the cold. 

"Sorry I'm late guys!" He apologised although he wasn't actually late, "Had to convince someone that this was much more important than studying for my NEWTs." Angelina rolled her eyes at his comment and Aurora thought that studying for his NEWTs was a lot more important than supervising her try outs. Oliver clapped his hands together.

"I'm thinking that we all play chasers today so that Aurora can show off her skills." He beamed down at her. "How does that sound?" Aurora nodded quickly, took a deep breath, and followed the others into the air. 

The feeling was excellent. She felt at home with the rest of the team and, when Oliver threw her the Quaffle, she reminded herself that he had trained her for this. He had told her every game in the book and had helped her complete the most difficult of tricks.