four

They were just walking peacefully towards lunch when Ginny abruptly stopped. She grabbed Leo's arm tightly and stared wide eyed at the person in front of her. 

Leo cautiously gazed around to find Harry standing a few paces ahead of them. At first, he thought that Ginny was just nervous because of her childish crush, but on closer inspection he noticed something very strange: Harry had, tucked safely under his arm, a familiar looking, leather book. Ginny's book! 

Ginny looked slightly sick at the idea of Harry having her book which lead Leo to think that perhaps the book was more like a diary. Had Ginny written her secrets in it? Although Leo doubted Harry would do something as cruel as to invade anyone's privacy, let alone his best friends sister. 

"Is something wrong?" He whispered to her as she continued to stare as if deciding on something. She blinked back to life. 

"No... everything is fine." Leo just nodded and didn't pry for anymore information, he knew Ginny trusted him with anything so if she didn't want to tell him about the book then it must be extremely personal to her. Besides, Ginny had been her usual happy self around him ever since she had thrown it into that window. Perhaps it was a good thing that Harry now had it instead of her. 

That was until the very next day when Ginny insisted she stop at her common room while everyone else was at lunch. 

Leo had waited for longer then he had initially expected and- when Ginny finally did come out- her hair was tangled slightly and her robes were askew. She also held something in her grasp that Leo couldn't quite make out. 

"Let's go," She hooked her arm with Leo's but, as she was walking, she tripped on a step that Peeves had jinxed and the item came flying out of her hands. 

Leo immediately recognised it as her book which they had only seen in Harry's possession the day before. Had Ginny stolen it back? 

As Ginny hurried to scoop it back up Leo noticed something he hadn't before: a small piece of writing on the inside cover that said...

Tom Marvolo Riddle