Black and Red

Leo followed Aurora as she travelled past the compartments in search for her favourite red headed bunch. The countryside was flying past the window in shades of peach and blue whilst new students flittered about nervously in search for a friend or any sign of reassurance. Aurora soon caught sight of a small figure with strawberry like hair pinned behind her head.

 Ginny Weasley turned abruptly as they came towards her and took a obvious sigh of relief. She grabbed Leo's hand and began to talk in a fashion which she would never in front of Harry. The youngest Weasley was amazingly able to become shy and confident within the very same second. It would be a crime to not place her in Gryffindor. 

Although, Aurora's own brother was more difficult to determine. On one hand, their mother liked to compare him to their late Uncle Regulus, who had been in Slytherin, but Aurora certainly didn't see Leo tied amongst a group of green clad children with broken pasts and torn family lines. Yet... perhaps, in some ways, the last statements did apply to them with their chained father, deceased grandparents and, of course, cold Lucius Malfoy with his disapproving glare. 

But.. no. Leo wouldn't be in Slytherin, she was confident in that conclusion. 

Leaving before the 11-year-olds would notice, Aurora ran down the corridor to where she was sure Fred and George would be. The compartment at the end of the train was their favourite as it was more peaceful; perfect for testing and planning pranks which they were sure to use as soon as they stepped through the brazen doors of Hogwarts. 

Sure enough the sight of two, identically tall boys became clear as they hunched over a piece of paper. Aurora rapped her hand against the door causing the boys to jump up.

George inconspicuously shoved the paper behind his back as Fred leaned against the window as if simply 'chilling out'. When they realised it was Aurora they relaxed in relief before excitedly pulling her inside the compartment. 

Aurora briefly wondered where Lee was before dismissing the thought; she selfishly liked having the twins to herself. 

"We think it's finally time Rora-" Started George.

"-that we introduce you to our greatest possession." Finished Fred

"The secret to our success-"

"-the reason we are the masters of pranking." 

"The Marauders Map!" They both grinned, presenting the old piece of parchment to her.

Aurora scrunched her nose in fondness as she inspected the supposed map. It displayed a full floorplan of Hogwarts with small nametags of teachers who were roaming around the corridors, awaiting the train to arrive. Her mouth fell open as she even saw Dumbledore himself travelling towards a place labelled 'staff room,' she hadn't even known that Hogwarts had a staff room.   

"How in the name of Merlin did you get this?" She asked in awe. 

"Nicked it from Filch's office in our very first year." Fred replied braggingly while folding the map back up. Aurora froze as she saw the front of the map. 

"These are the people who must of made it... Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs. We owe them sooo much." George fanboyed but Aurora was too busy gaping at the words before her. 

Moony. Wormtail. Padfoot. Prongs. 

Aurora knew those names. Hell, her Mum even still called Uncle Remus, Moony. Prongs was Uncle James which means that Wormtail must of been Peter Pettigrew. Then finally Padfoot, her father. They were the ones that made this map?

Aurora opened her mouth to tell the twins but thought better of it. For some reason it felt wrong to say it out loud, like she was in on some kind of big secret. She just smiled instead.