Hope's Peak may be the best school leading to the best future, but DICE didn't want any of that, long creating a future of their own. So that means they are basically forcing DICE's hands, especially since DICE were 'criminals' and the leader was 'rehabilitated' in order to not become a ruthless dictator. Meaning the school gave DICE the right to screw them over, however they like it. 

So yeah, there wasn't any nobility or good intentions of what they were doing. Mostly petty revenge with any dirt they have and exposing it to end them, haha! But if the dirt goes deeper and nasty, that requires them to be vigilantes, all the better.

After all, one of their goals as DICE was to make the world a better place for them and the rest who dare to dream, and keeping the peace, in any ways possible, was what DICE enjoys to do, likening themselves to be the only evil force of nature rather than anybody else if need be.

"As you know, there is this Reserve Course being suddenly set up out of nowhere for the normal students at a high tuition fee two years ago when all this time Hope's Peak only focuses on Ultimates. The main story is to increase funding of Hope's Peak in pursuit of more Ultimates. But that's not even close to the case," Rook started.

"We don't really know what's going on, but we know that the money from the Reserve Course is going somewhere else. We know it has to do with people higher up than even the headmaster. The only motive possible for this has to do with the hope they keep on harping about, although that's pretty vague. So far, some Reserve Course students are put aside to be requested for something and always come out quite tight lipped about it. All shady, but nothing deeper than that."

"So from here on out, I have to find everything else myself, huh?" Kokichi asked.

"That's what an inside man is for," Rook said.

"But really, it's starting to turn out a conspiracy. Knight would be all over the place if it was him we sent to do this," Kokichi said.

"Yeah, that's why we didn't send him," Rook deadpanned, "Anyway, back to business, there are a few people you need to watch out for."

"Hmm?" Kokichi asked, "Other than those boomers and perverts?"

"Other than those scouts and the administrative, yes," Rook said, long since in tune with Kokichi's wording, "After all, there are a bunch of other Ultimates that can prove threats to you, especially... Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu, the Ultimate Yakuza."

Kokichi looked up from the files at the name, the misunderstanding between them and the Kuzuryu clan coming to mind. He still remembered... before the misunderstanding itself, about a year ago, when they came back to Japan, they decided to infiltrate the Kuzuryu mob due to numerous shady things that were toeing the line and DICE, the arrogant bastards that they are, decided to make sure that they don't toe it too much.

People would say it's stupid, doing something like that, and they had be right. Unless you were DICE, had a plan and were not idiotic optimists... wait, where did the last one come from? But it was true. After all, DICE were no idiotic optimists. Simply fun loving people who go about things... 'smartly'.

Anyway, while doing so, a few people had to follow up with the Kuzuryu family, not the mob but the family itself and well... for himself, he had to keep an eye on Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu. So...

"They let in someone like the Ultimate Yakuza, and Kuzuryu? Man, let's hope he doesn't remember me," Kokichi said.

"Doubtful. If I remember right, you like calling him baby gangsta, tried to look bigger than him and pissed him off countless of times," Rook said, "But it's not like he knows what you look like behind your mask, so you should be relatively safe. Just don't tip him off."