Chapter 135 [The Suspicious Gift of the Weasel]

Start from the beginning

Long Tianhao's icy cold expression melted a little only in the presence of Concubine De.

He was at this moment, a man of flesh and blood instead of the usual standoffish man.
Despite the fact that the heart of Concubine De was aching for him, she had to restrain herself from speaking sweet words to him in the presence of all.

She just could not help looking worried on her face.

"Lin Kui had told me what happened to you. Are you injured? Is everything alright?"

Long Tianhao shook his head and answered, saying, "I'm fine, the princess had taken very good care of me."

Ming Yue cast a longing look at on Long Tianhao. She may have been idolizing Long Tianhao before this.

However, after the battle at Mount Lingju, her idolizing of Long Tianhao had turned into an obsession.

Only such a valiant and fearless man could be her perfect match.

Even the Crown Prince of Dajin was a cowardly and useless man who was more like a liability to his nation. How could he even be compared to Long Tianhao?

"I've come under my father's instructions." "Prince Yu had sacrificed himself to save our lives this time. Here is a little token of our appreciation. Hopefully, Prince Yu would accept it."

As she spoke, Princess Ming Yue also instructed her servants to bring out the gift of thanks prepared by King Ming.

The gift consisted of well-preserved thousand-year ginseng, delicately-shaped thousand-year Ganoderma, as well as various kinds of medicinal supplements. The instant the gift box was opened, the subtle aroma from the medicinal supplements filled the entire room.

Jealousy arose in Jiang Ruqin's heart. Only the generous King Ming would readily present such precious gift from his collection!

However, there did not seem to be any changes in Long Tianhao's expression.

To Long Tianhao, he had more of such precious medicinal supplements in his own mansion.

Although he had never inquired about it, it was said that Lin Mengya's storeroom for medicinal supplements was the most well-stocked and complete in the entire capital city.

To be honest, he did not really think much of the gift.

His line of vision fell on Lin Mengya's face.

It was at this moment that he caught sight of a look of excitement that flashed across Lin Mengya's face when she saw the content of one of the boxes.

As he was about to politely turn down the gift, he swallowed the words which he was about to say.

"It is my duty to save lives. It was not necessary for King Ming to be so mannerly."

At his response, Princess Ming Yue broke out into a brilliant smile, like a blossoming flower.

She had heard that Long Tianhao did not usually accept gifts casually.

However, he had been so fast to accept her gift. Didn't this mean—

Now it seemed that the relationship between Prince Yu and Princess Yu was not as solid as the rumors going around.

"In that case, I have accomplished my mission and I can return home accountable. Please excuse Ming Yue, Concubine De."

Ming Yue turned towards Concubine De to give her a courteous bow.

After Concubine De nodded at Ming Yue, Jinyue led her out through the gates of the Art Courtyard.