Chapter 132 [Recuperation]

Start from the beginning

"What are you talking about that sounds so interesting. Come on, tell it to me."

Lin Mengya, who was back to her usual self, giggled as she walked up to Long Tianhao.

She had just heard from the soldiers that these three commanders were all injured in one way or another. They had simply dressed their wound haphazardly then, but just look at how they had started fooling around.

"Nothing really, Third Elder Sister-in-law. What is there to eat? I'm famished!"

The three men had been fighting valiantly in the face of enemies. Now that they had emerged from the battleground, the hunger pang came to them with vengeance.

Immediately, Lin Mengya instructed some men to help the three of them into the temporary imperial residence, otherwise, they would collapse there and then.

When the three of them were helped into the residence, they actually looked like dead dogs. It was then that Lin Mengya realized that their energy had been totally drained by the battle.

They were able to stand outside all this time because they were forcing themselves not to collapse.

"Ouch! Ouch, it's painful! Can you be gentler? My beautiful leg is going to fall off!"

Long Qinghan had just regained some of his strength when he was back to his usual sloppy self.

Lin Mengya could not be bothered about his nonsense. The food was ready, but there was one thing which was making the three men embarrassed.

They had used so much strength holding on to their weapon over such a long time that they had even lost the strength to hold the chopsticks.

"Erm... Princess Yu, can we eat with our bare hands?"

Hu Tianbei failed numerous times in his attempts at eating with chopsticks.

Because of a man's pride, Hu Tianbei found it extremely difficult to open his mouth to ask for a spoon.

Looking at the dark-skinned Hu Tianbei, Lin Mengya did not immediately understand his real intention.

"No, don't you know that illness enters a person through the mouth? Look at your hands! Aren't they filthy?"

Even Long Tianhao's facial expression was becoming awkward at this moment.

Lin Mengya, who had been keeping an eye on the situation in the courtyard did not think much of their behavior. On the contrary, Baizhi noticed and began tugging at Lin Mengya's sleeve.

"What's wrong?"

Baizhi secretly pointed at Hu Tianbei's trembling hands as Lin Mengya noticed that he had just flung a piece of cucumber into the egg drop soup with his shaky hands.

"Men, fetch some spoons here. My bad for being negligent. How could one drink soup without a spoon?"

Lin Mengya let out a dry laugh. She said those words in a way that made the three men feel less embarrassed.

She even pretended not to see their awkward and embarrassed state by turning away to hide her smile from them.

The three men who had been through strict instructions on social etiquettes since young were at this moment making a big mess on the dinner table, spilling soup and vegetables all over the place.

If not for Baizhi's timely reminder, these three men might have starved to death at the dining table.

The dishes were simple and plain homecooked food.

They could not be deemed delicacies, but to these three men, who had not tasted anything for the entire day, the food was extremely delicious.

"Master, General Zhu had given us a pheasant and a wild rabbit, which we already washed and prepared."