{chapter one}

fifteen years later

   it was a monday, six fifteen in the morning and hermione was already at the office and joyous to be working. her assistant wouldn't be coming in till later but hermione just needed something to do. she walked into her office and dropped down her bags at her desk and then wandered around the work place looking for a special someone.

   "maria! what did i tell you about the boxes in the copy room? gone! i want them gone! and how do you fix this machine? maria? maria!" a voice booms from down the hall. hermione smiles to herself. that's who she's been looking for. she walks down the hallway and nearing the end of the hall, a blond pops out.

   "maria? is that yo- hermione dear!" the blond exclaims as he spots hermione from the distance. she suddenly changes her demeanor and slaps him amongst the head.

   "are you daft, draco? we don't say my name in public! i don't know how many times i have to tell you, sweetheart." hermione tells draco. he winces and shuffles a stack of papers.

   "bloody hell woman. genevieve. sorry. now, could you please find my assistant maria? i need her to help me fix this bloody muggle contraption. i still can't seem to get a hang of these things." draco says sighing. he recently got glasses and man did he look hotter. hermione inspected the printer he was referring to and all he had to do was turn on the machine using the switch. immediately the printer started whirring to life.

   "a miracle i tell you! thank you dear." draco exclaims and hugs his wife. hermione chuckles and leaves out the switch part.

    "draco, i'm going to be at work till about noon and then i have to go meet with someone at the cafe. let me know if you need anything." she lets go of him and he is already in his own world. the business he turned into an empire all fell onto his shoulders. sometimes hermione couldn't believe he could do it. she walked back to her office and opened up her folder filled of designs. time to get to work.

-

   hermione cracked her neck. it been hours since she had moved from the chair and the effects hurt. her assistant had arrived a couple of hours ago and was already running errands. drawing was hard. all of the ideas swarmed hermione's mind and by the time she got to jot it down on paper, she seemed to forget about it. hermione scanned the room for her clock and when she saw the time she nearly fell out of her chair.

   "i'm late!" hermione exclaimed getting her things together frantically. the time was twelve fifteen and she had to meet her daily at the cafe, fifteen minutes ago. hermione rushes out of the office and bumped into clara, her assistant.

   "clara, i will be out for the rest of the day. make sure draco eats something and kick him out by six. i want to do something as a family. make sure you do everything on your list, darling and then you are free to leave." hermione told her. clara just nodded her head and walked in the other direction. clara was straight out of hogwarts and she wanted to pursue something in the fashion field. genevieve fashions was the most popular in both the wizarding and the muggle world. hence why she wanted to work there. hermione saw potential in her. and she needed to hire someone who couldn't put the pieces together about hermione's past. a two in one. hermione took the elevator down, crossed the street and ran into the coffee shop

-

   the rich aroma of the coffee brewing brought a smile to hermione's face as she entered. everyone spoke softly and it was such a peaceful setting. she walked up to the counter and ordered.