38. Yokohama Village

Start from the beginning

Even the flowers were covered with thin snow that added to the flowers beauty by brightening the colours, allowing for a vibrant display of floral arrangements throughout the village.

I was completely distracted from my nausea and began looking left and right while admiring the beautiful environment.

I couldn't help praise the village, this is exactly what is expected of the surrounding that guard the spring of life. Every thing looks bright and full of life even the villagers all looked extremely youthful and full of vigor.

When we had secured our stay in the only inn, we headed out to pay a visit to the village chief. The only way to get to the spring was for the village chief to first lift the protective barrier around the mountain and that meant he had to accompany then to the spring otherwise they couldn't get what they came for.

The troublesome thing is that the chief was known to be very protective of the spring and wouldn't bring anyone who wasn't from Yokohama to see the spring. The three of us had to figure a way to gain the favour and trust of Yokohama and it's people before being able to obtain a bottle of the springs water.

We had all agreed that the best option right now was to get acquainted with the village chief and the villagers first, then we would stay here for about a month or two which would give us plenty of time to gain the trust of Yokohama village.

Luckily, for us as we passed a couple of villagers we had happened to overhear someone of their talk about a sudden upsetting of the demonic beasts that lurked around the village. It was said that the demonic beasts were being more restless and attacking more frequently causing many of the village people to be stressed and worried.

Looking at each other, we all had a mutual understanding of what we planned to do. This was something we couldn't ignore as it gave us the perfect opportunity to win the trust of the Yokohama people.

But as we reached the chief's house, we saw happened to meet another group of travelers, my guess was that they were mercenary's that were looking to achieve the same thing as us.

We looked at each other, sizing each other up before giving our greetings.

We both knew that we had the same objective and that meant that we were each other's competition.

"Hello there I'm Mike from the Blue Moon Mercenary group. Who are you?"

"We're travellers who have stopped by the village of Yokohama, I'm Rowan." He said before tilting his head to Braylon who spoke right after in a cheerful tone, "the names Braylon."

When the man looked over at me I nodded before saying, "Lilith."

Nodding his head he started introducing his little group, I stopped paying attention which I'm sure some of them caught on as I could tell they were glaring and snarling at me. I wasn't the least bit bothered as I just yawned and knocked on the chief's door.

Once it opened, a young boy came into view while brightly smiling and saying hello.

I gave a soft smile before asking, "Hello there, I was wondering if I could speak to the village chief."

"Oh, you mean father? I'll go get him right now." The boy smiles before running off to grab his father.

I smiled at his back, thinking how cute he was. The boy was quite young but he looked to be very cute, his black hair with blue eyes were extremely unique but dazzling. It matched him really well and I could tell that in a few years he'll grow to be a very handsome man.