The Training / Final Selection Part 1

Start from the beginning

As I finished getting ready, I looked at Crow whose kneeling by a grave it looked like . " Sensei ?" I said , he didn't respond. I begun to approach him from behind , I overlooked the grave it had a name engraved on it

    -V-

With all that it said on the gravestone , I kneeled down next to him and began to pray . Sensei took notice of this and he said " Thank you, Nero.. " I only continued to pray until I finished and said " Time to go . " I bowed one last time as did he and began making my way to the Final Selection.

No one's POV

Nero left Crow's hut which protected the Wisteria barrier circling the area. As Nero continued he had 3 days left to make it in time for Final Selection. He was 2 days away so he would be there early. Once Nero was out of sight , Crow fell down on one knee and began coughing . Blood was coming out of his mouth, he only smiled and said " Nero... Seems i won't be here when you come back . .." he coughed again as more blood was coming out. He tried to stand up with all his strength and said " He will be the strongest demon slayer this Era has to offer. " he begun to make his way back to his hut ," Oyakata- Sama , his foresight has always been spot on from time to time ... " he said as he enters and closes his door behind him . Nero walking notices he is close to a town, and with his age being that of a 16 years olds with only a few days worth of training. " I could go around town , just so that I don't have to hide Yamato and I won't draw unwanted attention. " he said to himself. Looking at the sun, " It's about mid day , i think that's the best Idea I can do ." he said as he began making his way around the town .

After a long walk around town , trying to avoid any unneeded attention , and running in some small demons , Yamato absorbs the bodies of those demons. Nero stopped at the foot of the hill and he noticed some wisteria Flowers Circling the area . " This must be it then , just like I said ' Two days walk, arriving a day early. " he said as he began to walk up the stairs to the area where it will be held. After a few minutes he arrives at the top , going through some heavy breathing " How long did it take for me to get up here ?" he asked himself , as he was gasping for breath " it would have taken about 15 minutes to get up here." said a voice. He looked up and he made eye contact with a girl with black hair and pale purple eyes , dressed in a pale pink Kimono with a light flower pattern; her most noticeable feature was twin butterfly ornaments on the side of her head. " Wait... don't tell me .... " Trying to finish his sentence Nero stopped mid way as he reached into his bag and grabbed his bottle of water. " I've actually been here for a while now , waiting for Final Selection to start. '' Nero looked at the girl confused " How long is a while ?" after he finished his bottle of water. " Ummmm, I think 3 days now . They told me that I need to wait for a few more people because it could be dangerous if I go in by myself." said the girl . He looked towards the down towards the bottom and he notices several more people coming in. " They're making it look easy ?" he said as they casually walk up the stairs . " Thats because their using their breathing techniques to help them ." she said. Looking more surprised by what she just asked " Wait so , the breathing technique can be used this way too ?" she nodded and replied " it's common knowledge , you didn't do your breathing technique ? " she asked . He Shook his head " No, I'm a bit of a special case here . " as he places his hand on Yamato. " By the way I never got your name, My name is Nero ." She looked at Yamato and then him and she smiled and replied " My name is Kanae Kocho , who trained you ?" Nero smiled and said " A man named the Crow trained me on how to wield a sword, but i was last minute decision because I was rushed in my training . " hearing him say that Kanae looked at him confused and asked " The Former Night Pillar , I heard from my master he was very Strict on who he trains ." when the others arrived Nero only answered " Like i said I'm somewhat of a special case here." Shortly after Two people begun making there way to an alter it looked like Twins . " Hello , Welcome to Final Selection ." one said , the other picked off where she left off " To join the demon Slayer Corps , the task is quite simple ." the other one talked again " You must survive seven days on the mountain and kill any demon that crosses your path. " Some of those that showed up , sounded cocky about surviving the seven days and give him his nichirin blade. " People really don't get it ." Nero said as he held Yamato , Kanae responds " Everyone has there reasons for join the corps , but if their really selfish like that then .. " The twins continued explaining the Rules to Final Selection. " Once the Seven days are over ." You must return here so we can count on how many survived the Nights."