[ seven ]

"How many moons are we studying this semester again?" Eleanor asks tiredly

"Dunno," Fred shrugs, "like 20—"

"Try 53," Evelyn corrects quietly, her nose in her parchment as she continues her notes.

"53?" Lee questions loudly. Nell shushes him quickly as she looks up to see Professor Sinistra is still sat at her desk at the front of her class. "How many moons does this planet need?"

"Apparently 53," Jasmine chides smartly.

"Don't get your tie in a twist, Mr Jordan," Professor Sinistra advises from her desk. "Not all moons will be as detailed as the others... some we know nothing more than a name and location."

"Fabulous," Lee declaires. "So that takes off, what? 5 of 53?"

"12," Evelyn pipes.

"How do you know everything?" Lee asks her.

Evelyn looks up from her parchment and to Lee across the table. "Its in the text," she tells him blankly, pointing the tip of her quill to the thin pages they're all taking notes from.

"Yeah, Lee," Fred teases. "It's in the text."

"Open your book for once and maybe you'd know," George tags in.

"Neither of you have your book open," Jasmine observes passively.

George, sitting next to Evelyn, leans into her. "Leeching off Evie's," he says.

Fred follows the lean and flashes Jasmine a snide smile. "Leeching off of Georgie."

"Then tomorrow," George offers.

"We switch!"

Evelyn pushes against George with a roll of her eyes. "Yeah, it's just me and my leeches," she says. "Because Lord forbid either of you open one of your own damn books."

"Oh c'mon Ev," George drops his quill and reaches a hand under the table to poke at her side. "You like sharing."

"Oi!" She jumps in her chair. She bats his hand away as his laugh echoes into her ear. "Stop that..." She scoots away from him carefully, but keeps her book close enough to him to read. She does like sharing; she likes being nice. It makes her feel like she's giving something back into the world by making someone's day brighter or easier.

"We can always open our own later when we're finishing up," Fred offers. "But won't need to if you're coming to the library with us."

Evelyn goes back to where she'd left off, reading about Europa's subzero temperatures, and crosses her ankles under her chair. "Well," she says mindlessly, "I'm not going to the library today..."

"What do you mean?" Fred asks.

"It's Wednesday," George says. "We always do our work on Wednesday."

And they were right. For as long as they've been at Hogwarts, the three of them have always gotten together on Wednesdays for their work night. All the other days are spent either doing a single assignment, or part of one, after quidditch or just hanging out with one another and other friends.