[ twenty-nine ]

"I'm gonna miss you guys," Eleanor pouts

"Ditto," Jasmine sighs, taking her seat close to Lee— whose arm instinctually wraps around her lilac fleece shoulders. "I dunno what I'll do all summer when I don't have a Weasley twin to pick on or a Hufflepuff to tease." She turns her lead to look up at Lee and tilts her head as if his soft gaze alone made her cave from biting remarks, "Or my Gryffindor to cuddle."

"That's right," Lee grins, leaning in and kissing her softly.

Evelyn scrunches her nose as she snatches Loki from Fred's lap and sits down next to him, George on the other side of Fred. "You two are painfully cute."

Jasmine pulls away with a sweet smile, sweeter than Butterbeer, and leans into Lee as she looks across the car to Evelyn. "And you're a pain in my arse, Wyre."

"That makes two of us," Fred says.

"Three," George chimes in.

Evelyn leans over to gawk at them and their smart smirks. "I hate you both," she states. "I'm not that bad— am I Nellie?"

The blonde shrugs. "You're alright in my books."

"It's good to know that someone likes me," Evelyn chides, giving the rest of the car a stern glare while she settles back into her seat and lets Loki pad on and off of her torso to try and get comfortable for the long train ride home.

+++

It was quiet. Soft laughter bounced through the ride, little tokens of this past year's memories and bits of playful banter that made their ride back to Platform Nine and Three-Quarters feel like a snap of their fingers.

At some point, Evelyn was moved between the twins, which left Loki to claw at George's jeans and then cross the bridge of Evelyn to settle in a small ball on Fred's denim lap.

"That cat hates me," George had grumbled.

Evelyn shook her head and scratched at Loki's ear. "He does not," she'd promised him.

By the time they reached the station everyone was tired, ready to go home.

George helped Evelyn get her trunk down and they hauled their way from the train to the busy platform of parents and guardians alike gifting jovial hugs and kisses all around as their kids trot off the train and across the pathway.

Including Molly and Sara.

They stood impatiently, tapping their booted toes and peaking their wide eyes over the sea of witches and wizards in careful watch of their children and their return.

Percy found them first, then Ginny (who was accompanied by Luna Lovegood). They were still waiting for the other four, which wasn't anything new... they always took forever.