Chapter 45: Fostering Daylight

The next day, as Liu Man started to pack up for her "Business trip," Zhang Pei suddenly thought of something and came into the room, "Oh, yeah, Man Man? I'm going to visit your grandparents during the break. What should we do with Daylight? I can't just bring her there."

Her question stumped Liu Man.

The smart Daylight came into the room as if knowing what the pair were thinking about, and she rubbed against Liu Man and Zhang Pei's legs, letting out a coquettish purr.

Liu Man knelt and took Daylight in her arms. She rubbed Daylight's head as she pondered for a moment before suggesting, "We can leave Daylight at the pet clinic."

"Do they even care for the pets during the New Year?"

"Let me ask."

Liu Man sent Yu Zhan a WeChat message and waited. He did not respond.

She then found Yu Zhan's phone number from her contacts. The phone rang several times before Yu Zhan picked up, "What happened? Is Daylight sick?"

Yu Zhan knew a lot about Liu Man. He knew she wouldn't contact him unless it was about her cat.

"She's doing fine. I just wanted to ask if your pet clinic provides foster care services? I have to leave the capital city for about twenty days, and there would be no one to take care of Daylight."

On the other side of the call, Yu Zhan went silent for two seconds, as if he was considering something. After a moment, he said, "You can leave her with us. When are you leaving?"

"The plane will leave at eleven tomorrow."

"You can send Daylight over tonight."

"Okay, thank you. One more thing, about the fee..."

"It will cost 20 RMB per day," Yu Zhan quickly gave a price.

Liu Man did not know much about the pricing of foster care services. What Yu Zhan didn't tell her was, during the holidays, the usual fee was 200 RMB per day.

After dinner, Liu Man put Daylight into the pet box, filled in some cat food, and walked toward Yu Zhan's pet clinic.

New Year break was starting soon, and the pet clinic was getting busier. Most pet owners appointed body checks for their pets before the break to make sure they were doing fine.

It was past seven o'clock, and there were still many customers lining up with their pets.

Yu Zhan had already informed the front-desk nurse, so she called out to Liu Man the moment she saw her, "Sit here for a moment, I'll go find Dr. Yu."

She then walked into the inner rooms and walked out with Yu Zhan five minutes later. Yu Zhan was still wearing his green medical isolation uniform.

There was an obvious sign of exhaustion on his face, but it was immediately covered up by a grin as he saw Liu Man. He walked closer and naturally took the pet box and the cat food bag from her, "Follow me upstairs."

And that was when Liu Man learned there was a second floor to this shop, and that the stairs at the end of the corridors.

The pair went up the stairs one in front of the other. The nurse went into a trance as she watched their silhouettes. Someone suddenly tapped on her shoulders, and she jumped out of surprise. As she turned around, she saw that it was a familiar client. She didn't dare to get angry, and could only helplessly say,

"Mr. Ye, you almost scared me to death."

"Well, you were snooping on your boss. You're scared someone would catch you, huh?"