The Next Few Days

Start from the beginning

Seri let out an exasperated breath. "I'm exhausted. I'll head to my room to sleep."

"Will you not have dinner? You haven't eaten."

She shook her head and left, leaving Jeong Hyeok feeling like a jerk.

At breakfast the following day, Jeong Hyeok decided to take the farthest end of the table since he was unsure if she wanted to be close to him. Seri, however, took that to mean that he didn't want to be close to her and sadly took her seat without looking at him.

It was a quiet meal.

When Man Bok called, it was the only time they sat close together. Seri's Uncle quickly noted the tension between the two. They were not as playful and the distance between them was noticeable. Seri's eyes also did not hold as much mirth as he was used to.

Deciding to speak to them separately, Man Bok requested to talk to Seri first.

"Is everything alright, My Dear Seri?" Man Bok asked.

"Yes, Uncle."

He narrowed his eyes. "It does not seem so."

Seri shifted her gaze.

"Have you and Jeong Hyeok broken up?"

Seri looked at him alarmed. "No! I hope not. Oh goodness... did he say anything?"

Man Bok shook his head. "No, but you two do not seem happy."

Seri confessed that they had been fighting for awhile. "I think we're just both exhausted. We'll talk. I promise we'll talk."

Man Bok nodded. "That's good. I hope you two work it out. I apologise if my tasks for both of you have added to the strain."

She shook her head. "No it didn't. We accepted this and told you we'd help. We can't be blaming that work now after all the good it had done us."

Man Bok smiled gratefully. "Still, let me know if you and Jeong Hyeok need a break. I'm sure that can be arranged. Park Su-Chan can handle the business for a few days."

"Thank you, Uncle."

With Jeong Hyeok, Man Bok was more straightforward. "Things are not good with Seri?"

Jeong Hyeok shook his head. "I had some issues with work and I've neglected her needs and I unfortunately do not know how to make amends."

"Tell her you're sorry, that's a start."

"I don't know if she wishes to talk to me."

Man Bok frowned. "Have you asked?"

Jeong Hyeok shook his head.

"Do you see what the issue here is? Talk to her. Ask her. Sulking doesn't solve relationship problems," Man Bok pointed out.

Once they ended the call, Jeong Hyeok wasted no time to seek out Seri. He found her walking around the outdoor pool. "Hi."

Seri turned. "Hi."

"We need to talk."

She froze at his words. She knew what those meant. Squaring her shoulders, she said, "If you mean to break up then forget it."

"What?"

"We're not breaking up," Seri insisted.

Jeong Hyeok smiled. "I didn't plan to."

"Because in case you missed it, I'm perfect for you. I'm demanding and can be annoying but that only makes your life exciting and -- wait, what did you say?"

He chuckled. "I didn't have plans of breaking up with you. I may have made a lot of mistakes this past few days but I'm not going to make that big one."

"Oh. Good. What are we going to talk about then?"

"We need to be better, remember? Let's see how we can work out the demands of work. And maybe consider having me move out of this house so we have some space between us?" he asked.

"Is it that bad that living here with me has become unbearable?" Seri asked, hurt.

Jeong Hyeok walked closer to her and touched her face. "No, but are you sure that the time together is not too much?"

They promised to discuss it but for now they enjoyed the fact that they were talking again.

"Uncle Man Bok suggested to take vacation. Do you want to go? I mean, we can delay until things are settled at your company," Seri offered.

Jeong Hyeok nodded. "Give me a few days but yes, let's leave for a bit. It would be a nice change."

"