eιgнтeen

The pub would only open with the moons high in the sky, lingering above the overcast landscape

Hibri of all kinds flooded the doorways, searching out a drink or numerous other social opportunities. Flowing with liveliness, the pub had been one of the louder places Cynth had stepped inside of in quite a while. With the two girls who had foolishly decided to tag along on her hunt for the sources by her side, Cynth dipped inside of the door.

It was surprisingly warm past the threshold, where moon juice and various other drinks were being served across bar counters. Cybele, upon seeing sparkling golden drinks that were fizzing wildly, couldn't help but cast an interested look in Will's direction. Indignantly, Will crossed her arms and stared down the toes of her shoes as Cynth took a determined step forward.

Zair, they had said his name was. But his name wasn't important. To Cynth, he was just another piece on the gameboard. Hunting down the sources was the only thing she had her sights set on, and tracking down wherever Zair was within the tavern was the first step to getting them. "What do you think he looks like?" Cybele asked, going up on the tips of her toes to survey the swirling crowds of hibri.

Filthy vermin.

"That, Valloma," Cynth responded dryly, "is a fantastic question." Without a doubt, Cynth knew that if she wanted to get her business done, she'd have to lose the two girls. Cybele seemed a lot more reluctant to get rid of hibri than Cynth was. And Will, oh Willa... was more than suspicious. The blue-haired girl couldn't trust them farther than she could throw them, which was admittedly quite far, but the point still stood. "Why don't you go and ask around? I'll look in the back."

Going along with what Cynth had said, Will bobbed her head up and down in a way that could be perceived as anxiously. By the time she had refocused, Cybele was already slipping through the crowd. Straightening her posture, Will rushed to catch up with her.

Now that she was, for the most part, alone, Cynth allowed her hand to graze her brow, but only for a second. When it fell slack once more against her side, there was one less hair on her forehead. She barely even noticed the movement. It had become a part of her by that point.

Cynth knew she didn't have time to waste, and so she walked through the crowds. Her silvery clothes were enough to hide who she was, at least for the moment. Despite the warm temperature in the room, it seemed to cool a few degrees the farther she walked. If Cynth's logic-based guesses were correct, Zair would be someone who frequented the parts of the pub that were less populated by customers. Trading secrets was a fine way of making money, but if everyone could hear the secrets you were trading, there was no point in pursuing the business any longer.

Without a doubt, this Zair figure had to be keeping to himself.

The more that Cynth wandered through the pub, the more she analyzed every single rana she encountered. Some of them were nearly human-passing, if not for their gills and webbed hands. Many of those in the tavern, however, were full-bred rana patrias.