тwenтy-eιgнт

Will's head hurt like hell

She'd woken up dizzy in the forest beside the beach, ears ringing and cornered on either side by a human. Luckily they were her humans, so to speak — Cynth to her left, making dagger eyes as usual, and Cybele to her right, being ridiculously hot also as usual. Unluckily they appeared to be in some sort of silent altercation, probably about the... what was it. The paper thing. Map or whatever. That was not good.

Dear moons-damned moons in the moons-damned sky her head hurt. (The blaring sunlight was not helping.)

Moons-damned moons. That was funny.

"What in the tides," Will mumbled, blinking her eyes closed as futile protection against the blinding light. It didn't work; she could still see the vague impression of it in her eyelids.

She heard some shuffling noises, and then Cybele's voice coming from scarily nearby. She was so close to Cybele. "She's awake," the brunette said, voice kinda distorted oh WAIT that was probably Will's BRAIN which was being very UNHELPFUL at this moment in time. "Will, can you hear me?"

"Mmmmmmmphdjghgiuekdj," Will responded articulately.

"Yeah. Okay." A near-reluctant pause. "Cynth, can you come over here? Something is wrong with Will."

Cynth swore, ostensibly stepping closer. "Hey." She poked Will's arm, voice dripping with disdain. "Willa. This is not the time."

Will responded with a mumble that would probably resemble something like "Fuck you" if it were slightly more coherent. Because apparently all the human cursing was rubbing off on her. Also "fuck" was a generally fun word. Fuck. Who came up with that? Why didn't the hibri have good curses like that? Six tides was, like, double the length of "fuck." Whoever's idea that was needed to have their priorities readjusted.

This was a really irrelevant thought process and Will kinda needed to pull it together but to her defense she probably had some manner of head injury right now due to having been kind of moderately helpful in the fight.

The squabble.

Squammle.

Squammler.

Squammer.

Will had been kind of moderately helpful in the squammer.

Wow her head hurt.

"Willa. Stay with us." There was a long, drawn-out sigh, followed by some movement to her side. And then she felt herself being lifted into the air, the arms around her warm and solid. Which was actually rather surprising — Will realized in a distant, somewhat-pleasant-if-foggy way that she'd always imagined Cynth as being cold. Like a monster, a part of her whispered.

Like a corpse.

"Hurry up, Valloma!" Cynth shouted, shattering Will's train of consciousness. (Very rude of her. Figured, though. She was Cynth, after all.)