eleven

"That damned Will

"That damned Will. I knew I shouldn't have agreed to this," Cynth scoffed beneath her breath. The only thing preventing her from running outside and screaming to the blasted six moons (ironically enough, the very moons that Cynth didn't even care about) in the sky was the desire to go unnoticed. Plus, that would likely cause quite the commotion from her parents, which was the opposite of what Cynth wanted.

She smoothed out the tunic that covered her torso, the silken fabric fluttering beneath her touch. Cynth regretfully pinched her eyes shut, and almost winced as she felt one of her eyelashes fall against her pale cheek. She picked it up, flicking it off of her finger with a dismissive glance in its way.

Her chest was heavy as she watched it hit the ground. It almost felt as if her lash and her stomach had fallen in unison. There was an obnoxiously loud knocking at her door, and she turned around, playing with the smooth-edged waves of her wig.

Cybele was not somebody that Cynth wanted on this... mission of hers. It was enough of a stretch to be dragging out the moronic Will girl, but they had enveloped her into this, stealing away her schemes and making them her own. She nibbled on her lip that had been bitten so much it was practically raw, not even flinching as her teeth brushed the sensitive skin.

Cybele was... peculiar, to say the least. A sort of peculiar that Cynth didn't have time for, nor even like for that matter.

Cynth couldn't exactly see what Cybele would be capable of bringing to this journey of hers. Sure, her family had connections, but so did the Leeyungs, connections that were just as intricate as a web with a million strands. Cynth could find a single person, pull integral pieces of information from them with just a single mention of her lineage, and stride out with a grin on her face. She could decapitate any hibri she encountered without even so much as blinking. Not to mention that Cynth was a skilled planner, and she always knew what to do in a crunch.

Cynth didn't know Cybele well enough to specifically know her skillset, but she was relatively certain she did not possess a single one of those in her arsenal.

The blatantly obvious complications aside, Cynth knew that she was doing something vital to taking down the hibri, and if that meant dealing with people who had no idea what they were doing, so be it.

Yet, there was no reason that she shouldn't dread interacting with the aforementioned people.

Cynth glanced in the mirror, ensuring that her brows, lashes, and wig were immaculate as to hide her affinity for pulling them out.

She released a thin breath of air through her lips stressfully before marching downstairs, where Leon and Zoya Leeyung stood conversing in the kitchen. Leon inclined his head in her direction, his dark hair shifting with the movements. Cynth didn't exactly know how to break the news that she was actually having people over. It was a new concept, even to the blue-haired girl herself. She was sure that her parents would be beyond overjoyed that she was branching out, more or less for the sake of their political conquests. As usual, Cynth was blunt as she spoke, "Cybele Valloma and... Will are coming over."