"No shit Sherlock ."  She replied while looking at her phone.

"You will resign, today." , I stated.

"Excuse me?" , She looked up and narrowed her eyes at me.

"Excused. Do as I say." I said getting up .

"In your dreams." She retorted.

"Are you challenging me ? " I asked
" I said you won't be working anymore ."

She smirked ," Watch me "

Saying that she turned and I watched her till she walked out of the door.

She left. She walked out on me!
I angrily raked my hand through my hair.

Challenging me? I will show you what I can do.

Sophia's POV

How dare he order me ? I love my job and he is no one to stop me from working.

I walked into the office . On the way to my cabin, I met Mr. Knight.

"Good morning Mr. Knight. "

"Good morning Mrs. Carter. Congratulations on your marriage but I am sorry to ask , why are you here today ? " He looked genuinely confused and I think I mirrored his expression.

"For my job?" It sounded more of a question.

"But Mr. Carter called today itself saying that you won't be working anymore."

"What !? But I didn't say anything and he doesn't get to decide for me. I think I will be continuing my job." I said

"Uhh actually Mrs. Carter , it was lovely working with you but I can't go against Mr. Carter." He looked down.

I closed my eyes to calm my anger but it wasn't helping and I knew I had to get it out. I had to confront him.

"Thank you Mr. Knight ." I said with a polite smile. He wasn't at fault and he wouldn't dare disobey that influential jerk.

I walked out of the office and called a cab.

"To the Carter Enterprises."

I was too angry to think straight. I had to speak to him and I knew this wasn't going to be easy.

I soon found myself infront of his office.
As I walked in people stopped in their tracks to look at me. They were murmuring things which I couldn't make out and didn't try hard to.

I hated this kind of attention. I made my way to his office with the help of the direction given by the receptionist.

I barged into his cabin and what I saw wasn't something I wanted to see. He was sucking the face of a blonde who was straddling his lap.

On hearing the noise they quickly parted while I stood there, refusing to look away.

"You should knock before coming in, you know." Nick stated with no sign of remorse on his face. What an arrogant creature!

"You should lock before whoring around you know." I retorted coolly.

Obviously the sight pained me and I was freaking mad at him for not respecting our vows but I wasn't going to act on it.

He looked irritated
" Why are you here ? Oh wait I guess I know why you are here." He smirked and I felt my anger resurface.

" You egoistic bastard , who the hell do you think you are , sending my resignation to my boss? " I yelled.

" Don't shout." He said with a clenched jaw.

"Ofcourse I will. Did it hurt your ego that much, huh ? Me walking out on you that you had to use your influence?" I mocked him.