We both went out and into the woods. There was an area further into the trees where one had fallen down during a storm. I sat on the fallen trunk and Tasha sat next to me.

"You've seemed better these past couple days. Not that I've seen you much to say anything or to really compare. But from what I've seen-"

"Electra accepted me. Well, not in that way, but she said she was giving this a real go."

"Oh. That's great." Tasha smiled.

"I just. I really needed to fix whatever it is in me that keeps losing control. I can't risk screwing this up, not when we're so close."

"If she's your mate then she shouldn't be scared off by you."

"You remember the part about her being a hunter right?"

"And you remember the mate part right?"

"Yes, but I think the hunter part is slightly more ingrained in her. Just because she can't or won't kill me doesn't mean that she won't walk away because of what I am."

"She'd be a fool to walk away," Tasha mumbled as she looked away. I wasn't sure if I had actually heard her correctly.

"Look. I asked for your help. Are you going to do that for me or not?"

"Of course I'll help you. I just still understand why you're having this problem."

"I don't know. I don't really know how all of this works yet. I wasn't born like this like you were."

"When does the problem seem to happen again?"

I looked out at the trees not really able to meet her gaze.

"When Electra and I are..."

"When you get lost in the moment?"

I nod.

"What are you thinking about when it happens?"

I tossed her a 'what do you think' look. Was she really asking that? What I thought about when I felt Electra against me? What the heck did she think?

"Yes it's a serious question, and I don't just mean your mate infected male brain," she said with an eye roll.

"I...well...I mean I think about the feel of her, I think about us, I think about a possible future. I worry what would happen if my wolf took over."

"And that's normally when it happens?"

I thought about it. All the thoughts jumbled together, but it seemed like that was when I usually slipped

"Seriously Jare? You are your problem!"

"What do you mean?"

Tasha rolled her eyes. "Everything is heightened as a werewolf, you know this. It's part of what creates that feeling when you're with your mate. It's the advanced hearing, the sense of smell you have. Even your emotions are heightened. You spend your time worrying and that's what happens. You overload yourself and the human part of you loses control."

"I overload myself?"

"Yeah. You go into systems overload. Your body and mind are focused on your mate, on everything that she entails, but you also worry about what could happen. I mean I don't blame you, I'd be nervous making out with someone who has weapons stashed down her pants and could kill me. But that's what your problem is. Somehow you need to figure out how to calm yourself down."

Could the answer really be something so simple? I remembered that other Alpha that said marking Electra would help calm my wolf within. Who should I trust? Some Alpha from a different world, or Tasha? They'd both been born into the lifestyle. Tasha was from here though, from this world.

I supposed I could try listening to what she said. If that didn't work, well, there was still what that Alpha had said.

I was hoping that Tasha was right. How could I possibly ask Electra if I could mark her? How could I explain to her that it could help me control myself? That her giving herself to me would help me gain my own control, that she was the only thing that could help stabilize me.

"Are you sure it's really that simple?"

Tasha nodded.

"So what? I just give in to what I'm feeling with her and don't think about it at all?"

"Don't focus on the future or what might happen. Just focus on what you have. We don't get a guaranteed future. This could be over at any moment; even the most immortal of creatures can die. We're all fragile in our own ways. Just focus on what you have now. Give in to that and you should be fine."

I didn't know how to give in. I was too paranoid about slipping up that I was never relaxed. What Electra invoked in me made me nervous. I was afraid of those feelings, but I was fairly certain most of my nervousness had come from not knowing how she felt about me.

She liked me, at least enough to want to give us a shot, and enough to come to me without any weapons. She trusted me even after my previous slip-ups. The woman that was always ready for anything came to me unprepared, willing to jump into the deep end with me. I could at least try to let everything go for her.

I just hoped that it worked.

*************

So he apparently has a few different options. Who do you think he should trust? Rafe or Tasha? What are your thoughts on the chapter or the story so far? Leave your comments below and remember to leave a vote if you enjoyed the chapter :)

Thanks all!

~Red