"Is that what happened today? Did she call you?"

I laughed bitterly. "No, no it wasn't her. It was Helen who called. A few days ago my mom was arrested. Not for the first time. She was arrested for possession and prostitution. Helen said she was sentenced to 5 years."

I paused, saying it out loud felt different. Felt real. My mom had been to jail before, but usually for the weekend to come down from her high. This was real.

"There's more. Helen told me the the bank took our house. So now I really have nothing left to go back to even if I wanted to. I'm totally alone."

"You're not alone, Morgan. Your family is here."

"What angers me the most is that I had left on my terms, I wrote the last chapter. Then she comes along and adds a fucking epilogue. Now the house my dad lived in is gone, all those memories."

"Your memories live inside you. Why do you think you went to the blacktops?"

"Because they remind me of him," I said slowly, realising how right Joey was.

"So, now you know how messed up my life really is," I said quietly after a moment of silence, turning in his arms so I now faced him.

"Morgan, I promise you, your past doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is the girl in front of me. You are beautiful, confident, driven, and incredibly smart. I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that. No one deserves to grow up like that. I wish I could change it, I can't. But I can help make your future what you deserve."

I don't know how I got so lucky to have someone care so much for me and in just a short amount of time.

"So your not ashamed to be around me, knowing who my mom is now?"

"Never," he whispered.

Leaning forward, I captured his lips with mine. "Thank-you," I whispered against his lips. "You've been here for me again, keeping me together."

"I'm not planning on going anywhere Morgan."

I crashed my lips onto his again, the emotion behind our kiss evident. The kiss quickly deepened as our bodies moved closer.

His lips moved from my mouth to my jaw, kissing along my jaw line till he hit the spot behind my ear. I moved my hands down his back, then up under his top. Running my hands over his abs I felt him tense and his breath hitch.

I reach for the bottom of his shirt, tugging it up to indicate I want him to take it off. Joey's hands began to roam as well, moving under the t-shirt, over my hips and then up to my bra. He stroked the skin under my bra, then the top of my breast, I knew he wanted more and I was ready to give it to him.

Rolling us over, I straddled him, sitting up and pulling his t-shirt I was wearing over my head. I watched his Adam's apple bob and his eyes turn darker with lust as he eyed my body.

"Fuck your sexy," he muttered as he pulled me back down to him, kissing me with all he had.

I peppered kisses along his jaw and down his neck as his hands moved up my back to my bra strap. He paused, waiting for permission. I gave him a slight nod, sitting up slightly so he could slide my bra straps down my arms.

Joey flipped us again, sending me to my back as his hands massaged my breasts, pinching my nipples. I felt the heat between my legs and my panties get wet. Against my thigh I could feel Joey was just as ready.

He lowered his head to my breasts, taking one and sucking, flicking my nipple with his tongue and biting softly while playing with the other. I moaned softly, loving the feeling as he moved his mouth to my other breast, giving each equal attention.