Ellie wiped her eyes, dabbing at her tears with the sleeve of her sweater.

"I owe you an apology," Ellie started, locking eyes with Hermione. "I was a shitty girlfriend. And I'm sorry. I had no right to treat you like that, or even act so foolishly. I let my emotions get the best of me."

Hermione listened intently, her eyebrows expressing both pain and relief.

"When things started to... get rough... I pushed you away. I was so blinded with the feeling of others wanting to be friends with me, with others chanting my name. And I truly, truly... was an ass about it. I didn't acknowledge what I was doing to you. I ignored you when you tried to impress me. And I'm so sorry... And when Pansy had asked me to come to the library that morning, I should have left. And I should have known better. And when I saw you with Cormac, the idea of you being manipulated never even crossed my mind. I was being stupid... and I saw my worst nightmare come to life."

Ellie's eyes held pain and true sorrow, hoping to win back some relief from the Gryffindor.

"That day in the locker room... I-I've never regret anything more. I beat myself up over it, and I should have known better. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. I shouldn't have treated you like absolute shit. Because Hermione... you do not deserve to be treated like that, especially by me. I truly apologize for what I did to you, and the pain I caused you. I never meant to hurt you. Never in a million years... would I ever intentionally hurt you. I was speaking out of anger, which is something I should never do. And... I'm sorry. For everything. For what I did to you," Ellie finished.

Hermione stared at her, not moving or talking. Her expression was blank, but seemed to be in deep thought.

"Please... say something," Ellie pleaded.

Hermione took a shaky breath and stepped forward, closer to Ellie.

"I owe you an apology as well. I should have told you how I was feeling before everything happened. I shouldn't have bottled up my emotions like that. And I shouldn't have yelled at you first, assuming things my brain wanted to see. I guess I was just looking for an excuse to how I was feeling. And I've been feeling so guilty about what's been happening to you. And I'm sorry, Ellie. I'm sorry I shut you out. And I'm sorry I wasn't there for you, even when you nearly died last week. I was selfish... and I'm sorry," Hermione apologized.

"I'm not asking for you to forgive me, Hermione. I just want you to know how I feel. I'm not angry at you. I just wish I had been a better girlfriend to you," Ellie replied solemnly.

Ellie brought her head down in a seemingly shameless action, as Hermione stepped forward once more, their bodies just several inches apart.

"Ellie, I knew what I was getting myself into when I dated you. Losing your dad, Cedric, and facing death numerous times, it takes a toll on your health. I understand why you acted the way you did. And I know you were never in the best mental state to begin with. But I just want you to know... that I've waited for you. I will continue to wait for you. Ellie, I'm here for you, whether you like it or not. I'll take care of you, like I always have."

Hermione placed a hand on Ellie's cheek, cupping it gently, turning her to look in her eyes. She took a deep breath in preparation for what she planned to say.

"I know I should be angry at you. But how can I? You're the missing piece in my life, and it's been hell without you. So I ask you, Ellie... if you're ready... I'd like to try this again. Us, I mean," Hermione spoke.

Her words were comforting, which were far different than what Ellie had expected. Ellie gazed into the familiar brown eyes, feeling a sense of home within them.

"I don't want to hurt you anymore," Ellie reasoned, her warm breath hitting Hermione's lips.

"Nothing hurts more than a life without you," Hermione countered, her eyes now gleaming with hope.

Ellie stayed quiet as she processed her decisions. A part of her pleaded for her to be with Hermione again, yet the other pleaded that she stay away from her to protect her. Her mind raced with counteractive decisions as she continued to stare at Hermione.

With every growing second of silence, Hermione's eyes drained of hope. Soon enough, Hermione dropped her hand from Ellie's cheek, her expression saddened and disappointed. She stepped back awkwardly, as if she had embarrassed herself.

"I'm sorry for imposing this so quick. I should've-" Hermione apologized.

The Gryffindor's words were cut off by Ellie's lips, surprising Hermione in the process. Ellie brought her hands to Hermione's waist, pulling them closer to her own, closing the distance between them. Hermione took no time in giving the same energy, using one of her hands to cup Ellie's cheek while the other cradled the back of her head. Hermione was gentle, her lips tugging on Ellie's in a soothing manner.

Like the very first time they had ever kissed, sparks flew. The fire that once burned in their relationship was once again ignited, the passion returning as if it had never left.

Ellie broke away momentarily, breathing heavily for air, with Hermione following suit. They rested their foreheads together, their arms and hands still entangled within one another.

Hermione's lips curled into a smile, something that hasn't occurred for over a month now. A sense of happiness surged through the both of them, their kiss bringing back a flood of memories.

"Was that a yes?" Hermione whispered, her thumb rubbing over Ellie's cheek.

"Do you need more clarification?" Ellie joked lowly with a smile, her cheeks feeling sore from the unfamiliar feeling.

Hermione let out a small giggle as she crashed their lips together again, this time with more passion. The deprivation of both their lips proved to be unbearable, as their intensity increased. Hermione gently guided Ellie's back to the railing, with the Gryffindor stepping in between her legs. Ellie's hands moved to Hermione's hair, burying her fingers within her locks. Their lips tasted of tears, but the two couldn't care less. After a few moments, Ellie broke away, seeming to have been surprised at Hermione's sudden actions.

Ellie cracked a full smile, the corners of her lips tugging to her cheeks. Hermione smiled at the sight, happy to see the Hufflepuff smile again.

"Thank you," Hermione whispered.

Ellie nodded as joy overwhelmed her. "I'll be better this time. I promise."

Hermione gave an appreciative smile as she pecked Ellie's lips, bringing one hand to tuck a loose strand behind Ellie's ear.

"Blimey, I've missed you," Hermione mumbled.

"I missed you more. You have no idea," Ellie countered.

Ellie turned around to face the moonlit view. Hermione stepped behind her, wrapping her arms around her waist and resting her chin on Ellie's shoulder as Ellie naturally placed her hands over Hermione's.

"I have never stopped loving you," Hermione announced softly.

"And I will always love you. Through thick and thin, my love for you will never go away," Ellie countered once more, earning a blush from the Gryffindor.

The two of them, now reunited, stayed there for as long as they could, until the cold was too unbearable. All seemed to have mended, and their happiness had returned.