Chap 30 - Say The 'L' Word

Start from the beginning

I looked over at my mate who is fighting like a fierce warrior. She kicked Darius's already bruised stomach and bit down into the man's neck demanding him to submit. He didn't. After sometime more Darius finally submitted.

My mate growled at him one last time before getting off of him.

She looked at the crowd who were looking in shock, disbelief and fear. Then she turned towards her team who stared back at her nervously. At last she turned towards me.

Her blood red eyes met my ocean blue ones. I stared at her. She knew I'm not happy. She whined before looking away.

Then she stormed towards the woods. I growled and ran after her. I heard a howl of anger and pain.

..................

Aerowyn's pov
______________

I ran and ran until I couldn't anymore. Everytime I closed my eyes, I see betrayal and hurt in his eyes.

He felt betrayed. He felt hurt because I didn't tell him before.

He is unhappy, mad.

I ran towards the cliff and let out another howl.

I heard crunching of leaves. I turned around to see him. I whined. And he growled at me. His eyes were black. He came and stood in front of me. I looked down. Ashamed of myself.

We have been together for more than a month. And I didn't tell him anything. I kept it all a secret. And look where it got us.

Artorius growled at me again. I growled back. He took a step towards me. I took one back. I knew he is mad. I knew he won't hurt me. Not physically at least.

But then he turned around and ran away letting out a furious howl. I let out a bark wanting him to come back. But he left. I sighed knowing it's my own fault. There is no one to blame but myself.

I ran back to the estate. I shifted and ran inside. I went to our bedroom. He wasn't there. So I took a tank top and a jeans, I went to the bathroom took a shower and wore them.

I ran towards the pack hospital. I met a few people on my way. They stared at me making me growl and they would look down frightened. I didn't like it. But I could careless about it right now.

I went inside and asked for where Kail is. When I got to know which room he is in, I went there. I opened the door without even knocking.

I stopped when I saw Artorius with Kail. Kail was sleeping on the bed. He had a bandage around his little chest. Artorius was sitting on the chair beside Kail holding his baby hand.

As if sensing me, he stiffened. But didn't say anything. Didn't even turn to look at me. I went and sit on the other chair.

"Art-"

He stood up and turned to leave. But I grabbed his hand before he can leave.

"please. Hear me out." I said. He turned to look at me. He just stared at me blankly. His expression reminded me of the time we first met. Same blank hard, cold and stern look.