"Sooo..?" Chris raised back an eyebrow at her. 

Her lips twitched.  "What's the date today?" 

I thought for a moment; unaware of how long I spent laying on the bed those dreadful days. 

"It's 31st of Decemberrrr..." He said, as he looked at me and smile surprisingly as the notion stucks to both of us.

"Gud. Now get on to work!" She chirped, walking past us. 

We laughed together. 

...and with those assuring smile, I knew I would follow him to the end of earth. 

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

"Get onto the delightful toast with the big fat white bow." Emmette tip-toed towards the living hall, with the crate of wine and glass raised on his right hand. 

"We still have counting seconds in our hands." Carlisle declared. 

I sit here, wrapped into those light-faded-baby-yellow fabric with chintz pattern of flower dyed within it, tapping my left foot covered with white thick-soled shoes and around an encouraging soft touch that was embraced around my waist. 

"Alice?" Esme called her out while she continued to lurk around the porch. "It's time. Come on, up here." 

"I am sure there will be no delay, Esme...not even of a nanosecond." She chirped.  

Esme shook her head, laughing with everyone. 

"_now there it goes~" Carlisle's eyes fixated upon his watch. "5....4...." He counted. 

"3...." Dad continued. 

"2....1...." We all caught up. "Happpyyy new yearrr!!!" and sang in a joyful tone, clicking our glasses together. 

"Here's health to those I love and wealth to those who love me." Emmette burst out laughing, as he sipped the wine for the formality. 

We all laughed and took a sip.

"Youth is when you are allowed to stay up late on New Year's eve. Cheers to all!" Carlisle smiled as he raised his glass. 

Alice stepped forward. "May all your troubles during the coming year be as small as your new year resolution's." 

"Hah-"

"Uh_" Dad raised his glass. "May the hinges of friendship rust's, nor the wings of love lose a feather." He took a sip and flicked to Mom. 

"Cheers to the bright New Year and a fond farewell to the old. Here's to the things that are yet to come and the memories that we hold." She flickered to me and smiled.

"To a long life and a merry one!" I elevated the glass and moved closer to the grip that held me. 

"Cheers to welcome the New Year; full of things that you have never had~" He raised his glass and placed a soft kiss on the top of my forehead.  

"To the delightful family!" Esme clinked her toast to Carlisle.  

"Cheers to the whispering that says this year will be happier." Jasper lifted another toast. 

Rose smiled. "To stay committed to our decision we made last year." And gave an assuring blink to me. 

I smiled back at her. 

"Perfect~" Alice jumped. "Now everyone say CHEERS!"

"CHEERS~" We all sang together. 

Click. Click. Click. The camera flash for all of us.The party melted out into a perfect 💯 family time.

"~I bet this to you this year." Jasper said. 

I leaned against the photo of stairs and inches away from the exit door and smiled. 

"Talking about my New year's resolution would surely be to hunt as much grizzly bears as I can." Emmette boasted.

Dad rolled his eyes, while everyone gathered around in the white light flushed living hall. I stepped out and sighed as I walked up to the wooden railing that laid on the periphery of the veranda. 

Happy New Year, Jake. I thought. This is my first new year without you. I wish you were here but~

I could hear them; each one of them sneaking around as their paws stood firm against the damp-earthy-soil and their....their agonized-burning-howls. And it's me who you feared it the most. 

Deep breathes. 

"Heh-"

And here he was; leaning against the surface just behind me. I smiled. 

"You know...last night I was so...so devastated. I didn't even had a hint of how am I going to hold up all these things together if you didn't~ And I realised that with you by my side, I can pull together anything in this world." 

I scoffed. "You give me too much credit." 

"No." He protested. "I just wish I could show you how much you mean to me. That how much I love myself when I am around you. I can feel it." He cupped my face.

"I can feel the love that fills my entire body each time I look at you, just the kind of love that makes my toes curl and the kind of love that circulates through my veins, believe me. I even can feel myself blush from having all the types of emotion running rampant against my skin. The kind of love that take my breath away just by the mention of our love being spoken in your words: with sweet promises. Last night I looked at you, angel and I thought Oh! So this is how love is supposed to feel~" 

I bit my lip and blushed under his touch. "I love you~" I whispered. 

"I trust you!" He smiled.

I narrowed my eyes and shook my head in disbelief, trying to comprehend what he meant. 

"I just feel...it's better complement then I love you too; for you not always trust the person you love, but you always love the person you trust." He said and smirked.

My mind, heart and all the sense gave up to respond him under his soft touch and so very beautiful eyes. I did not find another way to thank him, than reaching out for him and melting myself all the way along.