Ch. 35: A lot on My Mind

I sit back in the chair getting myself comfy as Katsuki wheels me down the hallway. "Maybe we'll get to see the sunset, I'm a sucker for a pretty sky." I chuckle, looking back at Katsuki who smiled softly. "We've got to be back inside in at most an hour too, the nurses said it'll be lights out." I sigh and Katsuki rolls his eyes. "Who the fuck do they think they are to tell me what to do. Lights out my ass." He grumbles and I laugh, that's when I get an idea.

"What if you sneak out after the nurses check in on you!?" The elevator door opens and I smile at the nurses entering as Katsuki rolls me out the door and outside. "Now that  the nurses are gone, the hell do you mean?"

" I mean you could come into my room or something and watch a movie with me!" I think about watching some kind of scary movie, I haven't had the chance to watch one in awhile. "Did you forget I have fucking Deku, Icyhot, and Four eyes?" I burst out laughing. "C'mon, you should know their names by now! We've been at school for what, 6 months or so now?" 

"I know their names, they just don't deserve for me to say them." I roll my eyes and chuckle at how arrogant he is being. "Oh they don't have right for the great Katsuki Bakugou to say their names?" I say sarcastically making sure to smirk at Katsuki behind me who was getting annoyed. "So, I guess I'm special then, you say my name all the time." I smile to myself and look ahead at the beautiful colors of the sunset, ignoring Katsuki's grumbles.

He pushes me beside a bench and stops and sits down beside me. "Wow, isn't it beautiful? I just love sunsets, the colors are so pretty and then right after the stars come out and sparkle." I smile brightly. "Yeah... beautiful." Katsuki mumbles.

"Huh?" I looked over at him, not hearing what he said since he mumbled. "N-Nothing, shut the hell up and look at the sky!" He turns my face towards the sky not giving me a chance to say anything. "Hey, get the hell off my face!" I struggle under his palms and hear him laugh  at me. "Ugh- jerk." I grumble, giving up and looking at the sky.

Our time outside didn't last long being that the sun set a little too quickly and the nurses came out to let us know they will being doing the lights out check in soon. So, we headed back up to our rooms. "Come watch a movie with me, you can bring the others too, it'll be fun." I whisper as he pushes me into my room. "Fine." He says, for once a straightforward answer! I cheer happily and climb into my bed. "Iida might not want to come but still try, okay?" He rolls his eyes and smirks at me, damn that smile is too good. "He's fucking coming." I raise my eyebrow and he heads out the room leaving me to choose the movie.

There wasn't much to choose from but I saw The Ring was about to start so I turned that on. "Ms. L/N?" I look over to see a nurse coming in with a small cart. "I have to take a bit of blood before we do lights out." I only nod and she quickly gets to work.

"What's this for anyway?" I say, sticking my wrist out so she can do her job. "Oh you know, the usual bloodwork to make sure nothing else went wrong. Most was already done when you first got admitted into here but we just need to be sure these last things are okay. Nothing to worry about." The nurse sticks me with the needle and by the time she was finished and left the room, the others slowly snuck in.

"Thanks for inviting us Y/N." Izuku said kindly, I smile. "Come sit, the movie just started, this is the only good thing I could find." Iida comes into the room and immediately begins to reprimand us. "This is highly inappropriate we should all be in our own respective rooms getting rest! The nurses could show up any-" Katsuki comes into the room and kicks Iida in the back to move him out of the way. "Move it." He walks in and sits down on the floor to watch the movie.

I take a look at the three of them as they get comfy noticing something wrong. "Hey... Wheres Shoto? You invited him too, right Katsuki?" As if I said something wrong I felt the others grow awkward. "What's wrong? He's alright, right? Is he just takin gn his time coming or something?" Izuku sighs and looks at me sympathetically. "Y/n... He didn't want to come..."

A/n
Merry Christmas, Happy Quanza, Happy Hannukah, Happy Holidays, or happy whatever you do or don't celebrate!! I wanted to wait for this update specifically for Christmas haha. I hope u like this chapter I'm tryina make things seem dramatic but that do be pretty complicated 😅.