14 - I Love You, Emmy!

Start from the beginning

She suddenly gripped his shirt and he paused when she threw up all over him, covering herself in the sticky mess. He knew it was on his body but his focus was on her face and hair. For the first time that night, she seemed to be somewhat sober as she looked up at him with fearful eyes and tried to get out of his cosy hold. "Oh my God... I'm so, so sorry-"

"We need to get you cleaned up." The elevator finally opened up and they were at her room in seconds. He got her to kneel next to her part bathtub part shower, steadying her with one hand as she wobbled back and forth, near ready to fall right in and used his other hand to soak a cloth with water and wipe her face. After this, he carefully washed all the gunk out of her hair, setting out a satisfied hum as he glanced over her features minutes later. The smile never left his face althrough, something Rose couldn't help but notice and she bit her lip guiltily when she noticed his shirt was still heavily stained with her vomit.

"Who's going to clean you up?" Connor looked down at himself, his eyebrows furrowed for a second before he tried to slip his shirt off. However, that only caused more harm than good as it got on his skin as well. Rose dropped her toothbrush after spitting out the water in her mouth and tentatively moved over to him, both teenagers working clumsily to get him out of his shirt. She made sure to pay extra attention paid to keeping the vomit-covered areas off his person.

She looked him over in silence, blinking in awestruck silence as the unwitting boy spoke and remained unheard. Once again, he asked her to shower so he could get her to bed and she gazed up at him, filled with sudden liquid courage. "Well... Will you be here?"

"I will wait in your bedroom for you to finish. I can't help you with that particular process but if you need anything, I'll be out there."

"Why do you have to wait out there...? When I asked you, will you be here, I meant will you be here." When he continued to stare at her in his confusion, Rose slipped her shirt off, smiling when he turned away. She took off her trousers too, staring intently at his back. She knew he was super strong but for some reason, his muscular build was utterly unexpected in a very, very good way.

"I... Uhm... I think I understand what's going on, now. You must think I'm your boyfriend. Don't feel embarrassed or anything, you're drunk, the mistake could happen to anyone but I'm actually Connor?"

"Don't feel embarrassed or anything yourself but I know, idiot. My boyfriend wouldn't have carried me... Especially not like that, he would be dragged my ass to run with him. My boyfriend would've started cursing the moment I threw up on him but you... You were worried about me. About my hair and my face and whether I could breathe through all that gunk, you took care of me. He couldn't have done what you did for me, not even close. You're one of a kind, Connor. And the difference in builds... Of course. Why would I not know it was you the whole time?"

"I... I'm sorry. I didn't... realise. I have to... To..." he felt her hands on his shoulders, shutting his eyes when she pressed kisses across his back slowly, sensually, moving closer and closer to her goal like a wolf to its prey. The feel of her lips lingered on his back, shoulder, neck and jaw but all too soon, it all stopped.

He scolded himself for not stopping it and taking advantage of her while she was drunk. Curiously enough, as she stared hungrily at the innocent boy's lips, it seemed to be the other way around. He was about to open his eyes and apologise but luckily, he did this a second too late, for if he had any moment sooner he would have felt even guiltier over the kiss they shared. Connor had wanted this for so long without even knowing it that his immediate reaction was to pull her closer with his hands on her neck, a simple move that had Rose nearly buckling at the knees.

He pulled away, detaching fast but with a reluctance he couldn't shake and she whimpered softly, gazing up at him with a fire in her eyes he had never seen and struggled to turn away from. She gripped his waist as he headed for the door, troubling his already uneven breathing when she pressed he chest tightly against his back, her hair over his shoulder. She curled her legs up to his back and used her hands to keep her secure against him, refusing to let go.