💕Dipper x Borrower💕

Start from the beginning

I close my eyes (as you do) and as expected, I felt the two hands catch me with a hard crash to the floor. Hearing Dipper grunt from the rough landing, I open my eyes and look over at him as I feel my face drain of color.

His pained expression quickly disappears as he realizes that he's caught me. "So you are real.." He whispers under his breath.

My panic level rises again and I'm out of his hand and under the wardrobe in seconds. "Wait!" He tries to grab me in a panic.

Luckily I'm able to avoid him. "I'm not gonna hurt you. Will you come out? Please?"

I ignore him and enter the small, broken socket that hasn't been used in a long time. As I get further, I hear his voice get softer and softer until I hear him no more. What am I gonna do now?

~~~°•°~~~

3:26 pm • The next day

Dippers Pov

"What do I do Mabel? I scared the borrower off." I rant, pacing the room and readimg the page on borrowers over and over again, "There's gotta be something to make them not be scared of me!"

"Well, why don't you give them an offering, or something? They like food don't they?" She tries to offer as she's bedazzling another sweater.

I think for a moment. There's not much on borrowers, but it does say they borrow things such as food and other things in the book, meaning this one might agree to talk in exchange for food. "That might just work.. I'll give that a try." I say as I leave the room and head down to the kitchen.

I heat up a waffle from the freezer and put syrup over it. I then go back upstair and head over to the carpet room.

I knock three times before entering, just so the borrower wouldn't be that startled. "Hello? Miss borrower?" I quietly say while turning the light on.

(Y/n)s Pov

My heart drops as his voice fills my ears. I stop my packing and keep quiet. "I uhh, I brought you a peace offering?" He says quietly, in a nervous tone.

'Peace offering?' I get up and go to the edge to see what he's talking about. He's slowly walking towards the wardrobe, probably thinking i'm still under it. I look at the plate in his hand and see some tasty looking food. It smells good too.

"I know we started on the wrong foot. Sorry for scaring you. Let's start over? My names Dipper." He introduces with a quick look around.

I debate on answering him or not. He does want to start anew. He also saved me yesterday, so I may as well thank him.

"I'm.. (Y/n)." I quietly reply.

He looks up at me, surprised. "Uh, hi!"

My heart speeds up and I feel my face get warm. Why does he have to be so cute and awkward? I wave as I start backing away thinking this may have been a mistake.

"W-wait! I uh, do you want some of this waffle?" He offers up the plate, so I could get a better look.

I peek back over and debate once more, but my stomach won this battle with a growl. I sheepishly nod as he chuckles from my reaction.

He opens the wardrobe and puts the plate on the top shelf. I grab my rope and climb down to it. Taking a small piece, I eat a bit while turning to look back down at Dipper, only to find his face 2 or 3 inches from me, his hands helping himself up.

I couldn't help but jump a bit with a small squeak leaving my throat. "Oh! Sorry for scaring you... again.." His cheeks go red and he hops down.

"Dipper! Did you find the whatever it's called!?" Mabel slams the door open.