ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx

Börja om från början

Everyday I visited Bella, and everyday she refused to move from her seat by the window. The seasons changed around her and yet her sadness over Edward didn't budge. I sat by her door, sometimes reading, sometimes putting down a bowl of food that I attempted to make for her and Charlie. I often found myself thinking about how proud Esme would be at my cooking. Despite not eating it, I could tell I was somehow getting better. Charlie seemed to appreciate it more and more everyweek too.

The day I saw the wolf was no different.

I let myself in the door, as Charlie had told me to every week, and stuck my head through to the kitchen. He smiled as he saw me, his face fresh and awake- more so than it had been only a month ago. Charlie was dressed in his work uniform, half way through lacing up his big boots.

"Hey, Charlie," I greeted, sliding my bag on the bench.

"Afternoon Elide."

"Oh, you heading out?"

"Yeah, I'm picking up an extra shift- there was another bear sighting again," he said, pushing against he knees and standing up to find his badge.

"Another one?" He nodded. "Whereabouts?"

"Closer La Push today- close to the roadside too."

"Sorry to come as your leaving."

He shook his head. "It's no bother at all."

"You head up. I don't think we'll get anywhere today. She didn't eat lunch," he sighed, looking away. "I'll be seeing you then."

I dont know what i was thinking as i headed up to Bella's room with a cup of tea. Somehow I thought things would finally change with her, as they had that day with me. But the tea went cold and I finished the book I'd started two weeks ago. It would be a while before anything would change.

OCTOBER

NOVEMBER

NOVEMBER

DECEMBER

JANUARY

I remember saying once that time didn't pass the same for vampires. That the days moved slowly yet quickly all at once, somehow smoothing into one, thanks to the eternity we were granted upon rebirth. I suppose I say that to myself to feel better about the fact that life would never slip into the pressure of time and the squeezing ageing word of forever.

I realise now, that I was wrong.

Time moves the same for everyone, even when we don't want it to. It slips out of grasp, slugging along like rusted cogs, mounting up by the hour. But time still passes all the same, even for me. And my forever was beginning to look like a terrifying thing.

Quick little one before the next x
Also, not edited at all lol