He shows me his injured hand as I gently grabbed it to get a better look.

He winced a bit as I gave him an apologetic look.

"Well, it just looks like you will need some ice, cause from the looks of it, you just bruised it." I tell him as I let go of his hand.

I told him to wait there for a second as I go grab some ice and once I get back to the room, I gently place the ice pack onto it.

"What did you do?" I ask him.

"Punched a guy." He said bluntly.

I roll my eyes and smile.

"Why am I not surprised you would do that." I say.

He chuckles.

"Well, you have known me since we were kids."

I nod my head.

"You know, it's good to see you again." He tells me.

"I agree." I pause for a second. "So this is where you have been for the past three years huh?"

He nods. "Well, for two years, the first year was training, but yeah."

We talked for a bit and by the time we finished talking, it was already 1 in the afternoon.

"Well, I should probably head back to my carrier, before I get asked why I took so long." He said standing up.

I walk with him towards the entrance as he stops and faces me.

"Which vessel are assigned to?" I ask him.

"USS California." He responds.

I nod my head and give him a smile.

"Well, I'll make sure to visit you." I say.

"Same, if I have time."

I giggle.

"Anyways, I better go. Maybe tomorrow we can hang out, like the old times." He offers and I nod my head.

"Yeah."

With one final look, he walks down the steps and away from the hospital.

I sigh with a smile on my face and walked back into the hospital and into my ward, but just as I walked in, a head nurse was standing there.

"Lieutenant Royal." She says and I nod my head, confirming it's me.

"Tomorrow, you will be assigned to USS Pennsylvania to help the doctor along with two other nurses."

"Yes ma'am." I say.

"Be here at 6 A.M. sharp. The doctor doesn't like to wait, but knowing you, I know you will do it." With that, she walks out of the ward, leaving me standing there.
-
I get back to the house around 3:30, ready for a nap, and once I walk in, the smell of chicken being grilled instantly made my stomach start to churn.

Without warning, I felt the urge to throw up and rushed to the bathroom.

I heard the sound of rushed footsteps and someone holding my hair back from my face with one hand, while the other rubbed my back.

"Just let it out, it's okay."

I knew who that voice belonged to as I knew it was Betty.

When I finished emptying my stomach, Betty handed me a cup of water to rinse my mouth out. I took it gratefully and started to swish the water in my mouth and spat it out in the sink.

After that, Betty decided that it was the best for me to head to bed.

I shook my head telling her that I was just fine, but she disagreed.