two; shopping

the future foundation responsible for this decided itd be safer to stay with someone we knew from the game. reasons being mental health related.
we all lived on the same floor of an apartment and shared a room with one other person, separated the floor in half by girls and boys. kiibo had identified as a male for the split.

not very even due to tsumugi being gone, but still working. for some reason, i was paired with kaito. they told me it would've been shuichi until they figured out shuichi was my past lover. they decided to take our feelings into consideration with that.
' you don't have many things, huh? ' kaito hummed.
' no, just video games, ' i answered.
' and panta, ' he chuckled, making me crack a smile.

kaito started making dinner as i slumped in my seat, scrolling through my phone. ' momota chan~... can i have your number~? ' i asked.
' getting eager are we? ' he joked, exchanging numbers with me.
' no, im not a f//g! ' i lied.
' then... you shouldn't really be saying that word then, huh..? '
' momota chan is so gullible~! of course i like boys~! i like everyone~! '

he smiled, ruffling my hair. ' we need to go shopping, ' he hummed, starting on a list of necessities.
' you're using my ramen for dinner, right? we can just go tomorrow morning and get breakfast at starbucks, ' i suggested, taking over on the stove, pouring the noodles into two seperate bowls and prepping the other ingredients.
' y-you can cook? like cook cook?! '
' what? you can't? '
' my grandparents never let me, ' he rubbed the back of his neck, laughing nervously.

hence, his toxic masculinity.

' you never talk about them a lot... ' i sat down with him on the couch, eating the, now high-class looking, ramen.
' there's nothing to talk about. they just took care of me and supported my dreams. i loved them like parents. '

past tense...

' i don't think you realize they abused you... '
' abuse? na, they just hit me when i cried... blamed me when i was attacked... starved me if i looked fat... yknow when i say it out loud it sounds bad... ' he sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.
' deep down, you're glad they died. '
' shut the hell up. '

silence...

' great chat, momota chan~! ill see you tomorrow morning then~! ' i said in my cheery tone, washing the dishes quickly before wheeling back to my room.

☕︎︎

' waaaahhhh! thank you, momota chan! ' he had gotten me my favorite dessert and macchiato.
' yeah, yeah... ' he rolled his eyes, drinking his own coffee.
' it looks like we're on a coffee date~! ' i giggled.
' shut up, no it doesn't. '
' momota chan, why're you so angry? '
' it's early in the morning... ill be fine after this... '

a comfortable silence before i wheeled myself out, going to the store with kaito. ' we need paint! i wanna paint my room! ' i announced, the walls of our apartment a gross yellow.
' alright... ' he was practically buying the whole store. the future foundation had provided us with a fortune.
' this is cute... ' i was attracted to a little astronaut penguin plushie. ' momota chan~! look, it looks so cute~! ' when i looked back at him, i saw him examining a purple kitty plushie with a checkered scarf.
' handmade, ' he seemed impressed.

i glanced at the tag, feeling my heart stop. danganronpa 53. calmly, i put the item back staying put. ' kokichi? ' kaito called, grabbing hold of the wheelchair.
' can we go home..? ' i asked quietly, the two of us leaving with our items and kaito carrying me to bed. ' thanks... '
' yeah, no problem... ' he was about to get up before i pulled him back down.
' there's a futon in my closet, can you stay here? i don't wanna do anything... rash... '

he didn't understand, but did so anyway, laying on the floor next to me, our fingers interlocked together as we slept.

i think...
i think i like him...