Girl Talk

"You okay?" Carlos asks Lonnie, who is waiting at the end of the tunnel. Jay and Elena had gone to start the car.

"Yeah, I'm good." Lonnie answers.

"Nice work out there, Lonnie." Carlos says. "Come on, Dude, hop in. Oh, now you listen to me." Dude gets into the limo. Jay is waiting at the driver side door with the limo started.

"Let's go." Evie tells Lonnie as she exits the tunnel.

"Come on, Evie, get in." Carlos says. Evie and Lonnie throw their swords in the trunk.

"Mal!" Ben calls back into the tunnel. Mal comes out and Ben grabs her hand. Jay gets into the limo.

"Come on, come on, come on. Swords." Lonnie says as Ben and Mal run over. Ben and Mal put their swords in the trunk. Lonnie closes the trunk before Lonnie and Elena get in the front while Ben and Mal get in the back.

"I'm really sorry that things didn't go the way you wanted them to." Ben apologizes.

"I mean, as long as you're safe, that's..." Mal says.

"Well, I mean, at least I got to see the Isle. They're my people, too. Uma helped me see that." Ben explains.

"Ben, Uma captured you." Mal states shocked.

"She's an angry girl with a bad plan. That's not so different from you when you came to Auradon, Mal." Ben says making Mal look at him with a mix of shock and hurt.

"Awkward." Dude says as Mal and Ben look away from each other.

"Dude, I know you can talk, but it doesn't always mean you should." Carlos tells Dude.

"Here we go." Jay calls before they pass through the barrier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll get these back to the gym." Lonnie tells Jay as they are walking back to the dorms.

"Thanks." Jay tells her.

"See you later." Lonnie tells everyone before walking off.

"Ben, there you are." Jane calls as she walks over. "Cotillion's tonight. Come here. Look, this is the the stained glass window for Mal." Jane shows him, Mal with green eyes. "Isn't it beautiful? She's gonna love it."

"Do you want to cancel?" Ben asks as he turns to Mal, who was zoned out.

"Um, you know what? I can come back. Uh, but, like, really, really soon." Jane says as she gets awkward.

"No, no, no. No, no, no. Now's fine. Um..." Ben says as she looks at the picture again before turning back to Mal. "Do whatever you need to do."

"We need to talk." Evie tells Mal as her and Elena get on either side of Mal.

"Yeah." Mal says as they start walking away.

"No." Carlos says as he and Jay follow.

"No?" Elena asks in disbelief as they turn to face Carlos.

"You guys are always going off in a huddle, whispery your girl talk stuff or whatever, and Jay and I are tired of it." Carlos explains.

"I'm not." Jay says not wanting to get in the middle of it.

"We're your family, too. We've been through a lot together. We're not stopping that now, okay? Everyone sit." Carlos says before sitting on the ground with Dude in his lap. "Come on." Everyone sits down. "I don't know how to start girl talk."

"What up?" Jay asks with a shrug making Elena giggle.

"Um, well...I'm a mess. I'm such a mess. I mean, six months ago, I was, you know, stealing candy from babies, and now everybody wants me to be this Lady of the Court. And I have no idea how to keep up the act."

"Then don't." Carlos tells her as Evie and Elena share a look.

"See? This was dumb." Jay says about to get up.

"Maybe it wasn't." Evie says stopping him.

"We're always gonna be the kids from the Isle. I tried to forget it. I really tried, but those are our roots." Evie starts explaining as she grabs Mal's hand.

"And we all did what we had to do to survive. But it made us who we are. And we're never gonna be like anybody else here. And that's okay." Elena finishes explaining.

"And we can't fake it." Carlos says.

"No." Elena says in agreement.

"Yeah, I mean, especially without my spell book." Mal says realizing she lost it.

"Mal, if Ben doesn't love the real you, then he's not the one." Carlos tells her.

"I like that." Evie says with a smile.

"Give him a chance." Carlos states.

"I'm gonna make some changes to your dress. And if you're up for it...only if you're up for it...it will be waiting for you, okay?" Evie tells Mal before hugging her.

"Come on buddy." Carlos tells Dude as he, Jay, Elena, and Evie get up. Elena, Evie, and Carlos walk away before Jay notices Mal still on the ground. Jay sits beside Mal.

"Come to Cotillion tonight, all right? If Ben isn't smart enough to love you and you can't stand another day, I'll drive you back tomorrow myself." Jay explains before Mal gives him a smile and a nod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For someone who never did "girl talk" before, Carlos was actually really good at it! Who agrees?

Anyways, that's it for this chapter! Next chapter will be uploaded in a hour or so it depends on how fast I can get it done. But just three more chapters + the bloopers, guys and descendants 2 is done! I can't wait to be done with this!

Also two more days until my Henry Danger story comes out! Are you guys as excited as I am?

Anywho, love you all and stay safe!

-Mary ❤️