Day 1- We Won The War (part 1)

Warning! Contains: crying, swearing, love, hate, idfk you tell me

May 4th, 9:00 pm

KATARA'S POV:

I looked at the blackhead who was crying and spitting blue fire out into the night sky. I felt a small tear in my eye and sniffed, letting it fall away. I turned to my side when a small pain in my stomach pitched, and remembered that my arm was wrapped around Zuko's shoulder as he leaned onto me for support. "Don't feel bad for her," he slowly said, as if reading my mind.

How was I not? I know that I usually hate her, and I know that she fucking killed the love of my life, but seeing her crying her heart out and shooting fire out of her mouth like that... it triggered something in me. It made me realize that there's something wrong with her. And that we're going to get her the help she needs.

It really was a terrifying scene, her chained up and blasting that blue fire everywhere. I turned to Zuko, who had a pained smile on, watching his sister again. "You have to feel at least a little bit bad for her," I whispered. "After all, she is your sister." He turned to me and gave me a look, asking me if I was out of my mind.

"I don't remember," he slowly licked his lips before turning back to her, "one time she was ever nice to me." I turned back to the Fire Princess who was still bawling, but not spitting fire anymore, thank the Avatars. "I'm sure she wasn't a monster when she was two," I argued. Zuko scoffed and turned back to me, grunting loudly. I widened my eyes and turned to him.

"Come on. Let's go sit down on a bench because if I hold you for any longer then I'm gonna collapse with you and then... we might have to deal with death." Zuko snorted as I helped him limp over to the under

"Come on. Let's go sit down on a bench because if I hold you for any longer then I'm gonna collapse with you and then... we might have to deal with death." Zuko snorted as I helped him limp over to the undershade. I placed him on the bench, laid down, and made some water out of thin air, pacing it gently on his chest.

"Are you mad at Aang?"

The question genuinely shocked me. I looked at him weirdly as the water fell on his chest, my mind swirling. His name sent my mind blank. Am I mad at him? No, of course not. Why would I be mad at him?

"No, what makes you say that?" I replied, pulling up the water and putting it back on his chest. He smiled at me. "I mean, I would be if the love of my life just screamed at me then up and running ditched us 3 days before he was going to fight the world dictator." My face turned red as the blush ran to my cheeks, my stomach in a whole twirl.

"What the hell are you talking about, love of my life?" Zuko laughed a little bit, then grunted after realizing that was only making his chest worse. "Come on," he slowly whispered, "the whole Gaang knows about you and Aang. Honestly, I think Sokka wants to kill Aang, but since it's not official, he can't." I blushed and looked down at his chest, just focusing on my hands moving the water in and out of his scar. 

I turned back to Azula and frowned. Her fire shooting had stopped, but she was still bawling. Why did it have to end like this? Seeing her cry like this - like how I've cried before - makes me realize for the first time that she's still a human being like us. She might not be mentally stable as of right now, but she's still human. And maybe in another life, we could've been friends. 

"Don't feel bad for her," he grunted again, trying to get up. I gave him my arm which he used to get up and sit down next to me, leaning into me for support as I wrapped my arm around his weak shoulder. I turned to him and frowned. "How can I not? She's human, just like us." Zuko turned to her as I did too, frowning and giving out a little sigh. 

"We're gonna get her the help she needs, Kat," he whispered. My mind shifted at that nickname. Where could she be, I wonder. I know she's still alive but I genuinely don't know where she is. The glimpses have stopped for a while now- but I can still feel it in my soul that she's alive. 

"Plus," Zuko said, snapping me out of my thoughts, "if she's my sister and I don't feel bad, you definitely don't have to." I sighed and turned to him, sitting up straight. "Why don't you? Zuko, I get that you two have always had a rocky relationship, but she's still your sister and I bet that you still care about her."