Chapter 17 [edited]

It was now Christmas of 1994. After the attack on the Quidditch World Cup, Elaine had become extra protective. She was terrified that she had lost Bill that night. When he turned up to their house late at night, she immediately ran towards him, wrapping him in a hug.

___

Elaine sat at the dinner table in the Weasley home, enjoying Molly's Christmas dinner. No one was home from Hogwarts due to the Yule Ball. Elaine had received a letter from Ginny, telling her that Neville had asked her to the ball. She replied to the younger girl, telling her that she knew that Neville would like her.

"Ellie, dear, how have you been?" Molly asked, motioning towards Elaine's scar.

"I've been alright. Wolfsbane potion lets me keep my mind, so I don't have to worry about hurting anyone," Elaine replied. Molly nodded, smiling at her. Bill squeezed her hand under the table. Elaine looked towards him, her eyebrows furrowed. Bill winked before standing up abruptly. He let go of Elaine's hand, making his way outside. Elaine looked towards Molly, Arthur, and Charlie for an explanation, but they just smiled knowingly at her. She laughed awkwardly, following Bill outside.

Snow caught in his long, red hair, making Elaine smile slightly. She made her way over to Bill. He took her hands in his, rubbing them softly.

"Ellie, I love you so much. Last Christmas, I realized that I was falling for you. And this Christmas, I'm asking you to marry me," Bill said. Elaine gasped as Bill got on one knee.

"I know that this proposal isn't much, but it's a tad bit symbolic. I don't have much, but you still love me. You make me feel like the most special person in this world. So, Elaine Hazel Lupin, will you make me the happiest wizard in this world, and marry me?"

Elaine laughed as she nodded, making Bill grin. He slid a small engagement ring onto her finger. He stood up, his hands resting on her waist. He pulled her into a loving kiss, making the Weasleys cheer. Once the couple had pulled away from their kiss, Elaine looked at the ring, her jaw dropping.

"Bill, this is beautiful," she said. Bill smiled softly, looking straight into her eyes.

"It had to match your beauty, which was pretty hard to find," Bill stated. Elaine smiled, about to say something, but was cut off by two hand wrapping around her waist from behind. She was picked up, making her shriek.

Charlie laughed as he spun her around. He finally set her down, a huge grin on his face. "You're getting married!" he exclaimed. Elaine threw her head back in laughter.

"I know!" she exclaimed. Charlie wrapped her in a hug, making her feet leave the ground slightly.

"I'm so happy for you," he whispered.

________________________________________________________________________________

Third chapter of the night- I'm gonna stop now haha

I hope you liked this chapter!

Stay cool, Anika<3