Chapter 1 [edited]

When Elaine got her Hogwarts letter for her seventh year, it felt heavier than usual. As she opened it up, a small green badge fell out. 

"HEAD GIRL?!" she exclaimed.

"No way! Ickle Elliekins got head girl!" Charlie teased. Elaine groaned. "Well that's great, dear!" Molly said. Elaine chuckled, putting the badge back into the envelope. Charlie snatched the letter from her, scanning through what she needed for her seventh year. 

"Bill and I can take you to Diagon Alley tomorrow. I have a few days before I have to go back to Romania," Charlie said. Elaine frowned. "Bill's coming?" she asked. A smirk spread across Charlie's face. 

"Oh, I forgot! You fancy him!" Charlie bellowed. Elaine's eyes widened as she slapped her hand over her best friend's mouth. "Shut it, will you? And I don't fancy him!" she said angrily. Charlie chuckled, rolling his eyes playfully. "I'll see you tomorrow," he said. Elaine nodded, pressing a kiss to his cheek as she gathered up her things. "Bye Molly!" Elaine yelled. She walked out of the Burrow, apparating back home.

"Dad! I'm home!" she called out. Remus Lupin walked out of the kitchen, smiling at his daughter. "I got head girl," she said, making Remus widen his eyes. "Seriously?" he asked, disbelief very clear in his features. Elaine nodded, laughing. 

"I was shocked too. Charlie and Bill are taking me to Diagon Alley tomorrow," Elaine said. Remus smiled, kissing the top of her head. "I also have news," he confessed. Elaine raised an eyebrow.

"I'm going to be the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher."

Elaine's jaw dropped. "Well that's brilliant!" she exclaimed. Remus chuckled. The father and daughter made their way to the dinner table, smiles spread across both of their faces.

___

As soon as Elaine apparated to the Burrow the next day, she was tackled by Charlie. 

"CHARLIE!" Molly yelled, "get off of the poor girl!"

Elaine and Charlie rolled around on the grass, loud laughter escaping their mouths. "Oi! Get up! We're travelling through the Floo Network," a familiar voice said as he walked through the door of the Burrow. Charlie got up first, helping the girl off of the grass. Elaine ran her hand through her hair to smooth it out as they followed Bill back into the house. 

"You have a leaf in your hair," Bill said, reaching out to pull it out. Elaine blushed furiously, shooting him a quick thanks before catching up to Charlie. Her best friend snickered, making Elaine poke him sharp in the ribs. "Not a word," she mumbled, grabbing floo powder from the pot by the fireplace.

___

"Oh! There's Hagrid! I'm going to have a chat with him real quick!" Charlie exclaimed as soon as they reached Diagon Alley. Elaine mentally cursed at him as she was left alone with Bill. 

"Let's head to Flourish and Blotts for your books," Bill said. Elaine nodded as they set off for the bookshop. 

"What classes are you taking?" Bill asked. Elaine took out her school list, scanning the paper quickly. "Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, Potions, Transfiguration, and Ancient Runes," she replied. Bill's lips turned up into a smile. "Those are all N.E.W.T level classes that are needed for becoming a curse-breaker," he said. Elaine grinned. 

"I know," she said, walking over to the first bookshelf. "You never told me you wanted to be a curse breaker." Bill expressed, reaching over Elaine to grab The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 7. 

"After I got an Outstanding on my Arithmancy O.W.L, I decided it was the best choice," she explained. Bill grinned. "Are you going to come work in Egypt with me?" he asked. Elaine chuckled. "Maybe," she said, shrugging her shoulders.

________________________________________________________________________________

First chapter! I hope you liked it! I'm so excited for this book.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it.

Stay cool, Anika<3