two.

My eyes opened slowly, waking up in Steve's room at HQ really threw me off for a moment, feeling as if it was 2018 again

My eyes opened slowly, waking up in Steve's room at HQ really threw me off for a moment, feeling as if it was 2018 again. It was pitch black, and I had no idea what exactly had provoked me to wake up, Steve by my side sleeping heavily, snoring every once in a while like he did when he was in a deep sleep. I let out a small sigh as I sat up slightly, using my elbows to prop myself up as I looked at the clock under the TV, the red numbers illuminating at me to tell me to was barely even 3 in the morning. I let out a small grunt as I swung the sheets off of my legs, standing up slowly as I ran my hands through my messy hair.

I made my way over to the door, the pair of Steve's pyjama pants I had found in a stray drawer were threatening to fall off, making me grab the strings and tie them tightly around my waist quickly. I grabbed the door handle, twisting it open as the dim light of the hallway bleed into the room, making me open it the tiniest bit and slipping out through the crack, not wanting to wake up Steve. My feet hit the cold hardwood floors, my arms tingling with goose bumps as I closed the door silently behind me, in the hunt for a glass of water or something.

I walked down the hall, turning the corner to see the stove hood light on, casting a low glow around the kitchen, Natasha sitting at the kitchen island, staring ahead of her blankly. I walked in silently, moving up the couple of stairs that sat under the kitchen as I knocked on the wooden banister lightly, not wanting to interrupt her small moment of isolation. She turned to look at me, a blanket pulled over her shoulders and her hair pulled up into a messy bun. She was gripping a mug in her hands, letting out a small sigh as she saw me as she turned back around, bowing her head.

"Couldn't sleep?" I asked her as I moved around the island, her eyes following my closely as I pulled a glass out of the cabinet, walking over to the sink as the cold floors sent shivers up my spine. "Not really" she replied quietly as she lifted the mug to her face, blowing on the liquid inside as I turned the tap on, letting it fill up my glass slowly. "You?" she asked me as I turned back to look at her, leaning against the counter as I crossed one arm over my chest, taking a small sip from my water. "No I could but Steve was snoring" I joked, Natasha letting out the trace of a laugh as she bowed her head, staring back down a the marbled island top as she set her cup down, keeping her hands around the warm ceramic.

Silence fell between the pair of us, the only sound being the clock ticking from the living room, floating along the air faintly as it ticked to the beat my heart was pumping at. I lifted the cup to my mouth, taking a large sip and basically draining half of the cool water, falling down my throat as I felt it move down to my empty stomach. "Rhodey has been looking for Clint" she said finally, making me lift my eyes to look over at her, her nails tapping against the side of her mug gently as she smiled half heartedly at me. "He thinks there's a lead in Japan" she told me as I nodded my head slowly, not particularly having a response to that, Natasha letting out a small sigh as she scratched her left eyebrow.

"I'm sorry I haven't kept you in the loop with it all" Natasha said to me gently, making me shake my head at her as she looked at me with her eyebrows knitted together. "It's alright" I told her with a dismissive wave of my hand, making her shake her head at me as she leaned back in the stool she was sitting in, pulling the blanket around the front of her tightly. "It's not, I've been acting like a total bitch and it's not fair on you" she told me as I kept my mouth closed, having no idea what to say to her as she covered her face with her hand, taking in a deep breath as if apologising had been really taxing on her, which it probably was to be fair.

"I just felt kinda angry that you got to see him and I didn't, I should have just gone on the damn mission myself" she told me, diverting her eyes away from me as she stared at the fridge, letting her hand drop onto her lap as she pulled her knees up, wedging them between the counter. "So sorry for being so selfish, you had every right to know what I was doing to find him" she added, making me set my glass down on the counter as I let out a small sigh, crossing my arms over my chest to try and keep in as much heat as possible, which was hard when wearing a tank top. "I remember when Clint told me he brought you back to SHIELD" I started, looking down at the floor as a small smile resting on my face at the memory as she looked back over at me.

"I was so confused on why instead of killing you he just took you with him" I said as she raised an eyebrow at that, shaking her head offendedly. "Okay so he was sent to kill me" she said with a scoff, both Clint and I never having told her that his mission was to go and kill her, it seemed funnier to make it a small inside joke between the pair of us. "It had been just Clint and I for so long" I said, completely ignoring her as I looked back up at her, her green eyes boring into me as she listened to what  I was saying to her without interrupting for once. "When I saw Clint again, the first thing that popped into my head was how you were going to react" I said to her as she nodded her head, letting out a small sigh as she set her elbows on the counter, covering her face in her hands.

"I had barely come to terms with the fact he was gone" she said, her voice barely even a whisper as I nodded my head, letting out a sad smile as we stared at each other. "I know" I replied with a small nod as she let out a sigh, shaking her head as she lowered her eyes back down to look at her mug. "I'm sorry" she said, silence falling around us once again as I stared at her, her voice cracking to let me know that she meant it, and Natasha barely ever apologised for anything. I walked over to her silently, standing next to her as I wrapped my arms around her shoulders.

I leaned my head against hers as she listed one of her hands, resting it on my forearm as we stood like that for a moment. I was so amazed that Natasha didn't punch me in the face when I hugged her, the pair of us having hugged at least 5 times in the whole time we've known each other, it just wasn't something we were conditioned to do. "It's alright" I said quietly as she let out a small sigh, her shoulders rising and falling at each breath she was taking in and letting out. I didn't let go for a few more beats, wanting to take in this moment as much as possible, Natasha not objecting as I hugged her a bit tighter.

"I'm going back to bed" I said to her quietly, not saying anything else as Natasha's hand dropped from my arm, going back to her drink as I let go of her shoulders. I smiled lightly as I turned around, Natasha bowing her head as she swallowed, not saying anything else as I walked away. I walked down the stairs, my hands still placed firmly on my upper arms as I let out a small yawn, yearning to be back in my bed again but also hoping that Steve had managed to control his snoring by now.

"Ally?" she asked me as I stopped, turning back around to look at her as she smiled at me sombrely, my eyebrows raised as I awaited for what she wanted to say. "Goodnight" she said to me after a few beats of silence, making me look down at the ground with  a small laugh as I nodded my head. "Goodnight, Nat" I told her, looking back up at her again as she smiled at me finally before turning around again, taking a sip of her tea as I made my way back to bed.

——

A/N: there's been a serious lack of Natasha and Ally content so here you are and I hope you all enjoy it
they have definitely been my favourite friendship to write in this series, just the absolute bad bitch energy and sarcasm that secrets from the pair of them makes one very entertaining chapter and i'm so excited for them to reunite with clint I do not think you understand
please do not forget to vote and comment and i will see you soon

A/N: there's been a serious lack of Natasha and Ally content so here you are and I hope you all enjoy it they have definitely been my favourite friendship to write in this series, just the absolute bad bitch energy and sarcasm that secrets from th...