eighteen.

We were all piled into a meeting room, the large table completely covered in papers as the sound of the keys of my laptop rung throughout the room

We were all piled into a meeting room, the large table completely covered in papers as the sound of the keys of my laptop rung throughout the room. I was working on the code for Tony's new time travel solution, reading over what he had already written and tweaking what I wanted to, giving his work a second opinion. Steve sat on the chair by my side, leaning back with one leg crossed over the other as he flipped through a file that was resting on my knee. I had spent the morning in here, somehow everyone following suit and inhabiting this one room. Tony had been the last to join us, but we had barely said a single word to one another all day.

We weren't all necessary working on one thing as a team, everyone was doing what ever they wanted to do at this moment of silence before a possibly catastrophic storm. It was quiet in the room, just the found of my tapping and the shuffling of papers rubbing against each other bouncing off of the walls. The doors squeaked open, meaning me look up quickly before focusing on the screen once again.

"You called?" Rhodey asked, walking into the room as Natasha squeezed past me, balancing a tablet in her hand as I apologised, pushing myself into the table to let her behind me. Rhodey stood at the door, a confused look on his face as his eyes fell onto Tony, who was standing at the whiteboard, a pen in his hand as he scribbled down names of who was in for the Time Travel escapade so far. Tony turned to look at him, a smile on his face as he nodded his head in greeting. "Hey, man" Rhodey said in disbelief, crossing his arms over one another as he looked at Tony, shocked to see him standing in the compound again.

"What is this?" Rhodey asked as Tony went back to writing the names, mines falling underneath Natasha's as he worked his way through who was in the room. Rhodey walked over to the table, his hand motioning to the scattered pieces of paper that was covering the table. "Trying to track down as many superheroes as possible, you in?" Tony replied, raising his eyebrow as Natasha stuck up a map of Norway on the whiteboard, a small town circled in a red pen a few times over. "Am I in for what?" Rhodey asked in reply, Steve reaching over in front of me as he moved the laptop I was using so he could see the screen as well, my chair automatically swivelling to move with it. He probably had no idea what I was typing, but sometimes he enjoyed just watching me work.

"Time travel" I replied, barely looking up from my screen as Steve's shoulder leaned against mines, Rhodey staring at me as he blinked a few times. "Time what now?" he asked in shock, Tony turning to stair at his best friend for a moment before nodding his head. "He's in" Tony replied for him, turning around and scribbling his name down at the bottom of the list before switching over to a red pen. Rhodey didn't object, still slightly shocked and confused over what we had just told him. Bruce stood opposite me, leaning over a stack of papers as he shuffled through them slowly, trying to be as careful as possible, the world just wasn't made to fit the size of the Hulk.

There was a loud ringing noise that rung through the room, someone calling the main HQ line as Tony stopped writing on the board. "Incoming call, Mr Stark" FRIDAYs voice said through the speakers that were built into the room, Tony telling the AI to answer it. "Hello?" Tony asked, writing down Clint's name on the board, my eyes hanging onto it for one long moment before I pulled them away from the res writing. "A raccoon and a bald blue person just showed up on the front lawn" Scott's voice said, sounding a little bit scared as his voice quavered and I didn't blame him, seeing Rocket for the first time wasn't exactly a normal situation, no matter how accustomed to our world you are.