-four-

"so you know those two guys that came for breakfast this morning?" kendra started, wiping a counter at the diner. it was about ten o'clock, closing time.

"yeah." jayda nodded and blushed. she took off her apron and took a seat on a bar stool. "what about them?"

"well one of them thought you were hot." jayda's eyebrows rose.

"w-which one?" she asked cautiously. jayda bit her lip and played with the ties on her apron.

"uh the brunette i think." kendra answered. "he was cute. they both were." jayda just nodded after reading her friend's lips.

"do you work tomorrow?" the older girl changed the subject. kendra shook her head.

"nope. i have it off. would you like me to text you to make sure you woke up?"

"yeah." jayda left and went to her locker, putting her apron away and grabbing her bag and timber's leash. "let's go boy."

timber rushed after her and the two left the small diner. she got on the bus as it arrived at its stop. jayda scrolled through her instagram feed, and finding nothing interesting, she set her phone down and looked out the window.

they arrived at the stop outside of her apartment building. timber followed her off of the bus and into the building. almost immediately jayda went to bed. she was exhausted from the long day.

-

jonah got up early the next day. he wanted to go to the diner again, and see jayda. she attracted him and intrigued him. the boy put on a pair of jeans, along with a sweatshirt and flannel.

he quickly drove to the diner, but he was early. it wasn't open yet. jonah waited in his car until the sign flipped from 'closed' to 'open', and then entered the small building.

jayda had just entered through the back door with timber, and he went straight to his bed. the girl quickly tied on her apron and said 'hello' to the other staff.

jonah scrolled through his phone waiting for someone to serve him. he hoped it would be jayda. after a moment, the girl did serve him.

"hi, what can i get you today?" jayda approached his table. jonah gave her a kind smile and ordered exactly what he had yesterday. she nodded as she read his lips. "is that all?"

"yeah, thank you jayda." jonah smiled again and nodded. jayda blushed and returned a small smile. she disappeared into the back and gave the chef the order.

while waiting for the food to be prepared, jayda set menus and the other necessary items on tables. jonah watched her secretly, out of the corner of his eye. the girl definitely intrigued him.

-

jonah left the diner around ten o'clock, after finishing his breakfast and coffee. he thanked jayda and then rushed to the studio to meet his band mates.

jayda cleared the mug and plates from the table, and then washed it. she collected jonah's generous tip from the edge. a small white slip of paper fell to the ground, hidden under the few dollar bills. the girl bent down and picked it up.

it read, 'do you believe in love at first sight? or should i keep coming back?'

she blushed as she read it, and slipped it in her pocket. she had definitely noticed jonah, both days. but why would he have noticed her?

-

sorry for not updating in a while :)

i love you guys soo much

✌︎︎➪