-eighteen-

"do you think she'll come?" jonah asked kendra over the phone as he waited outside of jayda's apartment building. he didn't go in, anxious about the whole situation. kendra sighed, not really knowing.

"she'll come, if she wants to. today might be a bad day, so you really never know." she answered after a moment.

"oh, okay." jonah nodded, understanding. he would just have to hope and pray for the best.

"good luck!" kendra's tone cheered up a bit, trying to make him less nervous.

"thanks!" jonah sighed, forcing a smile even though she couldn't see it.

"bye!" she hung up, leaving jonah to his pacing and get rid of his nerves. he ran his hands through his curly hair, fixing it before going into jayda's apartment building.

jonah pressed all the buttons, and got buzzed in by one of the residents of the building. he jogged up the stairs to her floor, and paused for a moment before knocking on her door.

timber barked, letting jayda know someone was at the door. she got up from her bed, grumbling. it was around six o'clock. she was hungry, and still didn't feel like talking to anybody.

before opening the door, she sighed. jayda froze immediately when she saw jonah. she was expecting kendra, who always checked up on her after she had been m.i.a. for a few days.

"hi." jonah bit his lip, looking up. he pulled his hands out from behind his back, handing jayda a bouquet of wildflowers, her favorite.

"um, hi?" she hesitantly took them, standing to the side to let him in. jonah walked in and was greeted by the dog. he scratched behind timber's ears, and straighten his posture to talk to jayda. "what are you doing here?"

"well," jonah began making eye contact for a moment, "i was wondering if you might like to go somewhere with me?" he nervously rubbed his sweaty hands together as he asked. jayda slowly nodded, but didn't speak. they stood there for a moment in an awkward silence.

"wait, like right now?" jayda asked, making eye contact with him again. jonah nodded.

"yeah."

"oh, okay." jayda stuttered. "just, um, give me a second." she disappeared back into her bedroom, and jonah waited, still nervous.

a few minutes later, she came out, wearing an oversized pastel pink hoodie and black leggings. her hair down in its natural straight state. jayda didn't say anything, but attached the leash to timber.

the three walked out of her apartment, and took the stairs to where jonah's car was waiting. jonah, like a gentleman, opened the passenger door for jayda, and put timber in the backseat. he got in after taking a deep breath, and began to drive.

-

two chapters to gooo
and then the epilogue

✌︎︎➪