-eight-

jonah stayed with jayda all day. the two stayed up until about two in the morning, just talking and laughing. eventually they fell asleep, her head on his shoulder, and his head on hers.

jonah jumped as her alarm sounded in the other room, also waking up the girl. he groaned after hitting his elbow on the coffee table, his funny bone tingling.

jayda's eyes widened after they cracked open. she realized she was in some unfamiliar arms. however, the girl didn't jump and hardly even flinched. jayda felt safe and warm in jonah's arms.

even though they were almost perfect strangers, just acquaintances, jonah and jayda stayed snuggled together for about another hour. jonah's phone buzzed after that period of time, signaling he should probably go to the studio.

"i should probably go." he whispered after tilting jayda's chin up with his finger. she needed to read his lips. she nodded regrettingly.

the two stretched and got up after another few minutes. jonah headed to the bathroom while jayda made him some coffee. she has learned from his daily visits to the diner and last night that he needed, and loved, his coffee.

after coming out of the bathroom, jonah decided to take a chance. he slowly wrapped his arms around jayda's waist from behind. she was startled as she poured his coffee. only spilling a little of it, the girl relaxed after feeling his warm touch. a smile formed on jonah's face. it felt right.

-

"are you sure you don't need a ride to the diner?" jonah raised an eyebrow after pulling a hoodie over his t-shirt.

"yeah. i probably won't even go today." jayda nodded and shrugged.

"okay." he gave her a reassuring smile. "but jayda, any day you need a ride i'd be glad to help."

jayda smiled as she read his lips. she was glad this curly-haired brunette had walked into the diner with his crazy friend that day. he was extremely sweet, always trying to make her smile or laugh.

"thanks." she blushed and tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear. jonah smiled bigger, brushing some more of her long brown locks out of her face.

the two slowly leaned forward, drawn together. jonah softly rubbed jayda's cheek, and closed his eyes.

jayda soon realized what was happening, coming to her senses. her eyes widened as she pushed jonah away, and backed up into the wall.

"i-i'm sorry." jonah stuttered as his face turned a dark shade of red. "i'll just go." he shook his head and quickly left jayda's apartment. he ran to his car and sped away.

jayda sighed and sat on the floor leaning against the door. resting her head in her hands, she knew she made a mistake. but, after what had happened in high school, she was not ready to be hurt again.

a small slip of paper laid on the floor beside her. she picked it up reading it and smiled.

are you going to kiss me one day or am i going to have to lie in my diary?

-

i'll try to update more but i don't think anyone even reads this book lmao

have a good day or night

✌︎︎➪