Part 12

We got out of the tunnel- the sewer- the- I'm not even sure what it was to be honest. But we got out of the thing and we were in a huge room.

It was huge and empty and cold. There was a humongous serpent on the wall.

"This is it," Tommy began while watching my face light up at all of the astonishing decoration across the chamber "this is the Chamber of Secrets."

I started walking around the room a bit, running my hand across the walls. "It's beautiful," I started still dumbfounded by the incredible detail that went into the columns and engravings "but what makes it so secretive?"

"Well...there is one thing that I haven't shown you. Also him," he pointed to a huge stone statue of a man "that's Salazar Slytherin himself."

"Wow...you sort of look like him," I said while laughing a bit.

"I guess so...I'm related to him actually. I didn't find out until recently though," he looked over at me "come here I want to show you something."

I walked over to him and he grabbed my hand. He said something in parstletongue then the entire place started to shake. He let go of my hand and instead put his arm around me in a protective manor.

"Here it is," he started while looking at one of the tunnel like objects "I can feel it."

"What is..." my voice trailed off as a huge serpent slithered into sight. I backed up a little into Tommy. The serpent was huge. It was at least 20 feet long and 4 feet tall.

"This Gabby, is a Basilisk. A type of killer serpent. I haven't allowed him to kill anybody yet, but no matter what Gabs, do not look into its eyes. Okay?"

"Okay."

"It'll kill you if you do, I don't need you dead. I need you here with me."

"How come you haven't looked into it's eyes yet?"

"Because I did my research before coming down here. I read that looking into a Basilisk's eyes is deadly so I've just avoided doing so. It is very sweet though no matter how scary it is."

"I wish I could communicate with him," I said while looking at the Basilisk.

"Well...I suppose I could teach you a little parseltongue."

"Really?!"

"Yes. Okay, first off," he said a couple words in parstletongue "Okay now you try it." I said it, probably not as well as he did though. "There you go Gabs, you're a natural."

"But what does it mean?" I asked, shocked that I had even managed to say it correctly.

"It's simple really, you just said 'hello Basilisk' in parstletongue." We both laughed a little and the basilisk slithered closer towards us.

"You can pet it if you'd like."

I kneeled down a bit to stroke the top of the Basilisk's head.

"We better go ahead and leave if we're going to get to our next class on time." Tom then spoke something else in parseltongue and the Basilisk slithered away, back to wherever it came from.

I grabbed his hand and walked next to him back through the tunnels and back to the slide thing. We climbed up a ladder and were back in the out of order bathroom.

He kissed my forehead then looked down at me and smiled. "Don't tell anybody about the Chamber okay?"

"Okay Tommy, I promise I won't."

"Thank you Gabs."

I stretched up to him and kissed him on the lips before we walked out of the out of order bathroom and off to class.

• • • • •

After the end of Herbology, Draco must have been really bored as he was starting to attempt to annoy Tommy and I. "With your little girlfriend Riddle?"

"Hey I'm not little!" I exclaimed while looking up at them both.

"Gabs shut up yes you are and it's adorable."

"I'm not that little..."

"Yes you are."

"Ew you 2 make me sick. Riddle get a room."

"Draco don't be jealous just because you and Pansy aren't a happy couple." I said while laughing and looking at Tommy.

"Either way Gabs, you're my little Slytherin," he winked at me and we both laughed as Draco looked more and more confused.