Part 3

Its been a week since Tom and I spent our free period at the lake. We haven't spoken much since then

But every time we pass each other in the halls, we lock eyes.

It's almost as if neither of us can say anything even though we both want to so bad.

We were in the Slytherin common room now. I could see him walking down the stairs from where the boys sleeping chambers were.

He quickly saw me and we locked eyes all the way down the staircase. He lightly waved at me and I waved back before we continued with our separate conversations.

Pansy asked me why I waved at Tom, I told her to shut up and to mind her own business.

Dear God everybody hates Pansy, even the Slytherins. The only person who didn't was the spoiled-white-haired boy himself. Draco Malfoy.

Draco and Pansy had been dating since year 2 and none of us saw it ending anytime soon.

Draco walked down the staircase behind Tom and smiled at Pansy.

Even though I'm a Slytherin myself, I'm not that close with any of them. Tom is the only one that I've spoken to outside of a class.

My closest friend is Luna Lovegood, a Ravenclaw girl who's also a 5th year. We're also very close to the twins, Fred and George.

Even though none of us, except for the twins, were in the same house, we always managed to be closer to each other than anybody else.

We all met each other on the Hogwarts Express on the way to Hogwarts in our 1st year.

We were all so disappointed that we didn't all get the same house.

Luna got Ravenclaw, I got Slytherin, and Fred and George got Gryffindor.

My little brother however, got placed into Hufflepuff like our mother. Both of my parents are magic folk making me a pureblood.

I don't care about blood status unlike Draco does. Draco refuses to be friends with anybody who isn't a pureblood.

I guess his only exception was Tom. Luna, Fred, and George however, were all coincidentally purebloods as well.

I heard a tiny peck at the window and turned to see my owl with a letter on her beak.

My owl is a snowy owl, her name is Snowflake. Very original, I know. But, to be fair, I named her when I was 11 and it just seemed to fit her so well.

I shut my book and placed it in the armchair that I had been sitting in. I walked over towards the window to let her in.

She flew in, dropped the letter in my hand, and then flew straight into the girls sleeping chamber to go to her cage. I suppose it had gotten cold outside for her.

I followed Snowflake into my room and opened the letter. I could tell already that it was Luna's hand writing.

Dear Gabby,
Come meet me, Fred, and George at the edge of the Forbidden Forest tonight at 8 after supper. It's urgent!
~Love Luna

I knew it must have been important because Luna rarely sent letters. If she ever needed anything she normally would just walk over and knock on the entrance way until somebody allowed her to enter.

I grabbed my quill and a piece of parchment and started scribbling her a response.

Dear Luna,
Will do, I'll see you at 8 tonight!! Be safe!!
~Love, Gabby

I folded the letter up and tied a piece of green ribbon around it to keep it sealed shut.

I rubbed under Snowflakes chin, that's where she loved to be pet the most, and handed her the letter.

She grabbed the letter in her beak and swooped off through the window.