Part 8

I woke up to him, as I expected he would be, gone. I pulled on my uniform and got dressed in the Slytherin house colors, green and silver.

I did green and silver makeup as well. I pulled on my scarf and grabbed my wand, you never know here, I may need it even if it is just a quidditch match. I walked out of the girls sleeping chamber, into the common room. I saw Tommy rushing out the door.

He saw me just for a second and winked before fully exiting behind Draco.

"I saw Tom rushing out of the girls sleeping chambers this morning." I knew who it was just from the disgusting voice.

"What are you even talking about Pansy?" I turned around asking. "It's not like Draco doesn't come in there almost nightly."

The other students in the room
all laughed as Pansy backed up towards a wall embarrassed.

"Don't act all innocent," she started "I woke up as he was leaving your bed."  There was a loud round of audible gasps as if everybody didn't already know about me and Tommy.

"You obviously don't know what you're talking about Pansy. I haven't talked to Tommy, I mean Tom, in a couple days now. Not since your boyfriend started shit between us," I spat out defensively, starting to get upset.

"Oh?" she asked genuinely sounding worried. "Whatever, you can't say I didn't see what I saw. You believe me everybody don't you?" she asked spinning around the room looking at everybody.

The crowd stayed silent and stared at the floor or in any other direction besides Pansy's. "Whatever, you're just a bunch of mudbloods. Why would I ever want you to agree with me."

Pansy then stormed out the entrance way. To where she went, none of us know. She had no friends outside of Slytherin. She had run off everybody by her snotty remarks and quick temper.

"What is her problem?" asked a 2nd year boy. "We may never know," replied a 6th year girl.

We all headed out of the common room and down to the great hall for breakfast together.

After breakfast, we were all allowed to head off towards the quidditch field at whatever time, as long as it was before the match started.

I finished my breakfast and found Luna. We nodded in agreement then got up and walked to each other then out the great hall.

"So..." she began "how are you and Tom?" I knew she'd ask that question sooner or later. I wasn't sure to be honest. I mean, he explained himself, and we slept in my bed the night before. But, I still wasn't sure.

"To be honest Luna, I'm not sure..." I said while looking down at the ground while we were walking.

"I'm sorry Gabby," she said, her voice softer, more apologetic, than usual. Luna almost always had an apologetic tone. I'm not sure why, we never really talked about it.

The match today was Slytherin against Ravenclaw. Luna didn't care much for quidditch, so she sat on Slytherin side with me.

To be honest, I don't even think I would care much about quidditch if it hadn't been for Tommy.

We won the game, obviously. I mean, why wouldn't we have won? We've had the best quidditch team for almost a century now.

At dinner that night, Professor Snape had us all sign a paper of if we were staying over Christmas break or going home. I was going home because my mother wanted me to.

"Hey Tommy," I said while tapping his back because he was faced the other direction "do you want to come home with me for Christmas?"

I was so afraid that he would say no. He was visibly shocked that I had asked. His cheeks turned a bright shade of pink and his jaw kind of dropped.

"I'd love that," he finally said after what seemed like hours of sitting there staring into each others eyes.

My eyes lit up after he said that. He obviously noticed. He kissed me on the cheek and said "You look adorable when you get excited."

I send a letter back home to my parents informing them that Tommy would be coming home with me and Tommy told Snape that he would be going home for the holidays.