By the Light part 1

Start from the beginning

"If I wasn't being truthful, all your family would be dead and I'd be taking you to Klaus right now." Elijah informed her with a raised eye brow. "Instead, I'm here and I'm prepared to offer you a deal."

"What did you have in mind?" Elena wanted to know.

"Do nothing. Do nothing, live your life, stop fighting and then, when the time is right, you and I shall draw out Klaus together and I shall make sure your friends remain unharmed." Elijah promised with determination.

"I'll write you a list of people I want safe. If someone isn't on that list I don't really care if they live, die or get tortured into insanity." Elena walked up to Elijah and started him straight in the eyes. "But if someone on my list gets hurt? I don't give a flying monkeys ass who the fuck you are, I'll find you and then I will finally find out how long it takes a flayed vampire to regrow their skin. Are we clear?!"

"I'm a man of my word, Elena." Elijah shifted in an odd way and did his eyes look slightly darker? "I make a deal; I keep a deal."

"So, how are you going to be able to keep everyone safe?" Elena backed away from him and sat down on her bed.

"I notice you have a friend; Bonnie, is it?" Elijah started to look around her room again. "She seems to possess the gift of magic. I have friends with similar gifts."

"Luka." Elena hummed. "And his father."

"How did you know?" Elijah asked intrigued.

"Luka just so happens to show up, show an interest in Bonnie, have magic and then you show up a while later and you just happen to know witches?" Elena rolled her eyes. "It's almost as obvious as a bright, neon colored, elephant in the middle of the town."

"You are a very insightful young woman." Elijah sounded impressed.

"Thank you." Elena smiled.

"So, do we have a deal?" Elijah asked softly.

"I need you to do one more thing for me." Elena said slowly.

"We're negotiating now?" Elijah chuckled.

"Yes, because as you said, I'm insightful, which means that I did notice that while you promised to keep my friends and family safe, you never mentioned me." Elena smirked. "And that's completely fine with me if you help me get one of my best friends out of the tomb under Fell's church."

"The one where Katerina and the moonstone are?" Elijah wanted to know.

"Both yes and no." Elena murmured and at Elijahs look she continued. "Yes, Kathrine is it the tomb, no the moonstone is not there anymore."

Elijah looked at her with a small smile, "Write your list and I'll see what I can do about your friend stuck in the tomb."

Elena grabbed a pen and a piece of paper and started to write down all of the people in her family and pack. As she wrote she started to wonder why she felt that tingle in her stomach when Elijah smiled at her. She decided to push it out of her mind, it was probably not important anyway...

XOXOXOX

The next morning Elena woke up after a not so restful rest. She had been plagued by nightmares of what would have happened if she hadn't been able to save Rose.

After she had given the list of names to Elijah yesterday Elena had made her way to the boarding house to explain to Damon and Rose and later Stefan about the deal she had made with Elijah.

During her explanation Jules had jumped through the window in wolf from and attacked Damon and Rose, just like she had done in the tv show. Elena had taken a fire poker and swung it at hard as she could at the wolf before it could bite Rose and then Damon had stabbed it with a sword.