By the Light part 1

Start from the beginning

"I'm surprised." Jeremy asked as he came down the stairs. "You didn't take the moonstone."

"I thought about it." Elena admitted. "Did you know that Klaus killed Kathrine's entire family just because she crossed him? I don't want that to be you guys."

"If you can spend most the day here and not leave then we will include you in the planning of how to prevent as many deaths as possible, deal?" Bonnie held out her hand to Elena to shake.

"Fine, it's a deal." Elena sighed and shook her hand, then she gave her keys to Jeremy. "This way you'll know I can't take my bike at least."

"I'm also placing a spell on the house keyed to you," Bonnie explained. "So, it will notify me if you leave."

"Okay, I guess I'll call Mason from here and then I'll do...something." Elena sighed as she watched Bonnie and Jeremy leave.

About three hours later Elena stepped back form her masterpiece. The cake was three stories high and looked like a galaxy had exploded into existence on it. She had started her baking marathon after she had talked to Mason and then called to warn everyone else in their pack about Jules.

 She had started her baking marathon after she had talked to Mason and then called to warn everyone else in their pack about Jules

Apparently, Mason was not a part of hers and Brady's pack and never had been. While they had wanted Mason to join their pack he had refused when he noticed that they all liked to torture vampires for their own amusement and actually made sure to be close to people on the full moon so they could kill as many as possible.

Elena decided to have a long warm shower to unstress and wash away the flour and other baking ingredients. As she stepped out of the shower forty-five minutes later a cloud of steam accompanied her from the bathroom.

After putting on a pair of black booty shorts, thigh high sock and a crop top, she bounded down the stairs so she could make something to eat.

"What's going on?" Elena asked as she saw Jenna halfway inside the closet under the stairs. "Searching for Harry Potter?"

"Funny, but no." Jenna chuckled and gave Elena a box.

"What is this stuff?" Elena looked at the box and the put it down on the floor with a shudder as she saw a spider crawling inside it.

"You're mom's files from the Historical Society." Jenna explained. "I got roped into helping Mrs. Lockwood and by roped, I mean very excited to participate."

Elena turned wide eyed at Elijah as he became visible when Jenna closed the closet door.

"Hello, I'm Elijah." Elijah walked over to her and grabbed her hand so he could kiss the back of it. "It's a pleasure."

"Elijah's in town doing research on Mystic Falls." Jenna smiled and made her way over to the stairs as she looked at Elijah. "I have another box upstairs; I'll be right back."

"A researcher?" Elena raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well, I had to say something." Elijah smirked.